1.

Y/N waltzed around her home as she decorated, while singing the lyrics to different Christmas songs. It was still November but that didn't matter to the festive girl.

She had always loved Christmas. Ever since she was a little girl and she would eagerly wait in the hallway for Santa to come tumbling out of her chimney. Constantly hoping to catch a glimpse of a red suit or a reindeer.

She no longer believed in the myth of Santa Claus, but that didn't take away the magic of Christmas for her, unlike most adults. She had other things to look forward to now. Like, drinking yummy peppermint coffee with too much sugar. Buying or making gifts for her family and friends. Watching classic Christmas movies, while cuddled up on her couch with a fuzzy blanket. And, of course, seeing her family.

None of her family members lived in the same town as her. So, they only ever got to see each other on holidays. And, it was only certain holidays. Like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Y/N had just spent a Halloween by herself because her friends were all out of town to see their families. So, it was an understatement to say that Y/N was excited for the next three holidays to come.

Y/N's thoughts were interrupted by a cheerful holiday ring tone coming from her phone. She placed the piece of mistletoe she was holding onto the counter and picked her phone up off the couch.

Mama <3

Y/N smiled when she saw the contact name. She put the phone to her ear after answering it and was immediately met with what sounded like arguing.

"I told you to bring the extra blankets!" Y/N's Mom, Tiana, said.

"I thought I did," Henry, Y/N's dad, snapped back. "I must've forgotten"

"Forgotten?" Tiana asked. "That's not enough! How do you think your grandkids will feel when they're freezing at night? You think they'll be just fine because you "forgot"? You think that forgetting makes everything all right?"

"I'm sure Y/N has plenty of blankets at her home," Henry stated. "Besides, if our kids were smart they would've packed their own blankets for their own kids. There's no need for us to pack extra."

"You-"

"Mom?" Y/N piped up.

"Oh, Y/N!" Tiana beamed, her voice changing from frustration to adoration in a heartbeat. "How have you been, honey?"

"Um, good!" Y/N answered. "I'm putting up Christmas decorations, right now."

"Christmas decorations?" Tiana asked. "Honey, it isn't even Thanksgiving, yet."

"I know," Y/N nodded. "I just like Christmas."

"You always have," Tiana chuckled. "Well, we're on our way. We've been driving for a few hours now. So, we should be there by tomorrow."

"That's great!" Y/N exclaimed. "How long are you guys staying?"

"We're going to be leaving a week after New Years," Tiana answered.

"Yup! You're stuck with us!" Henry shouted into the phone.

Y/N giggled at the familiar sound of her dad's voice. "So, who's all coming? Is it just you guys?"

"Well, it's actually the whole family," Tiana said. "It's going to be me, your father, Aunt Raven, Uncle JB, and their kids, Aunt Jenny, Uncle Ace, and their kids, all four of your siblings and their family, and your grandparents!"

Y/N's smile slightly fell. "O-Oh! That's...awesome."

"Is everything all right, sweetie?" Tiana asked.