16.

November 26th

Y/N woke up the next day feeling even worse than when she had fallen asleep. She felt drained, as if she hadn't even slept at all. That was probably because of the nightmares. They consisted of car crashes, violent murders, and mysterious disappearances. It all corresponded to what was going on in her life. And, it was incredibly unsettling.

It was like she couldn't catch a break. Not only did she have to worry about this whole secret admirer situation, but also the tragedy that her life had become. It was like Shakespeare had begun writing her life. Full of dark despair with a hint of occasional comedy.

Y/N didn't really process that she was getting ready and before she knew it, she was dressed. She gazed into her mirror. A hand-me-down sweatshirt with the name of the highschool that her and her siblings used to go to, it used to belong to Brock. Y/N decided on a pair of black leggings to accompany the shirt.

Brock...

Y/N wondered how he was doing in all of this. Ezekiel was his nephew too, after all. Brock and Y/N had similar reactions to Uncle JB's death, so they may agree with each other about this, as well.

Y/N hadn't had a one-on-one conversation with Brock for quite a few days. To be completely honest, Y/N was closest with Brock when it came to her siblings.

Lucas was the second youngest and he understood Y/N, but he didn't really know her. Not like Brock, at least. Y/N wanted to talk to him. As soon as she could. But, she didn't want the rest of her family to hear. Y/N pulled out her phone and pressed Brock's contact.

Y/N: Meet me at Starbucks, need to talk ASAP

Y/N didn't wait for his response and left her bedroom. She walked past the living room, making eye contact with Brock as he lifted his head from reading the message.

"Hey, guys," Y/N began. "I've got some errands to run. I'll be back soon."

"Okay, honey," Tiana smiled gently. "Be safe."

"I will, Mom,"

***

Y/N picked up her peppermint Frappuccino from the counter after the employee had called her name. Y/N didn't even care how basic she looked ordering a peppermint themed drink so close to Christmas.

All she cared about was drinking something. Preferably alcohol, but she had to drive home so, a Frappuccino was the second best option. Y/N wasn't even an avid drinker. She was just so incredibly stressed out that she couldn't think of anything else that could help calm her nerves.

Y/N picked a table and anxiously waited for Brock to walk through the door. Y/N's leg bounced and she bit her bottom lip as she looked around at all the faces in the shop.

She was certain that at least five of the people in the shop were judging her. There was an elderly couple. A college girl with round glasses that were way too big for her face. And, then two teen best friends, with wide grins plastered across their mouth.

Y/N hated being an adult. Y/N jumped as the door swung open. There was Brock. He made eye-contact with her for a brief moment before walking up to the counter to order.

Y/N watched nervously. She grimaced as the teen best friends shared a giggle. Eventually, Brock trotted over to her with a solemn expression on his face. He sat down and Y/N saw his drink of choice.

"Plain black coffee?" Y/N asked. Brock nodded. "No sugar? Creamer? Or anything?"

"No." Brock answered,

Y/N chuckled and took a quick sip of her drink. "That's quite plain, if you ask me."

"We don't have a Starbucks in our home town," Brock reminded. Y/N paused. "I'm not from here. That's why it took me so long to get here and why I didn't know what to get."