27.

(Hey, guys! So sorry about the lack of an update yesterday, but here is your chapter! Love ya!)

December 6th

"All right, very important question..." Y/N began as she left her bathroom and faced Mary. She held up two dresses and alternated putting them over her body. "Red dress? Or black dress?"

The black dress ended at her mid thigh, it was sleek and tight-fitted. The dress was strapless and didn't have much of a pattern to it. It tended to ride up whenever Y/N walked, making it not much of a favorite to her.

The red dress was a little shorter than the black one. It showed off any and all curves that Y/N had and the straps hung off her shoulder. At the bottom of the dress were short, wavy frills that pulled the dress together perfectly.

Mary thought for a moment, despite already knowing which dress she was going to choose. Mary could tell just by Y/N's facial expressions which dress she preferred, not too mention the dress happened to be Mary's favorite color.

"It's a tough decision," Mary spoke dramatically. "But, I have to go with the red one."

"Yes!" Y/N cheered. "Good choice."

Y/N placed the black dress back into her closet before slipping back into the bathroom to change. It didn't take long for her to change and - after leaving the bathroom - she sauntered over to her closet to pick out a pair of shoes. She didn't take notice to the way Mary admired the outfit on her.

Y/N looked enchanting in red, Mary noted.

After slipping on a pair of red heels, Y/N clumsily stood up. She was instantly reminded of the hassle it was to simply exist in heels. Mary frowned. "Do you have to go?"

Y/N turned to Mary and smiled gently. "We've been over this, Mary." She walked towards the mystical woman and took her hands in her own. "It's just a party and I'll be back before you have to leave." Y/N spoke the words that she had repeated over one thousand times to Mary that day. She ignored the itching feeling to know where Mary snuck off to after spending all day with her. All in good time, she reminded herself.

"Parties can be dangerous," Mary said. "Anyone can show up. Anything can happen."

"Mary, it'll be fine." Y/N stated. "I'll go, I'll have fun. Maybe, I'll have a drink or two." Y/N explained with an assuring smile. "It's not exactly the horror fest that you imagine." Mary still looked unconvinced which led Y/N to bring out her last line of defense. "Besides, Willow will be there with me. It's not like I'm going to be alone."

"I don't trust Willow," Mary stated. "She gives off a bad aura."

Y/N rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Willow? Are you serious?" Y/N asked in disbelief. "Trust me, her aura is fine. Not too mention, you've only met her once. That's not enough time to feel somebodies aura."

"It is for me."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, please," she grabbed Mary's wrist and pulled her off the bed. "Just come help me with my makeup, okay?" She sat down at her vanity. "Maybe, that'll ease your nerves."

"You want me to do your makeup?" Mary asked.

"Yeah," Y/N nodded. "Come on, I'm not that good at it." Y/N opened up her makeup bag and pulled out everything that she would need. She set it out in front of Mary and grinned up at her. "Do whatever you think matches." She quickly corrected herself. "Nothing too crazy, though."

Mary followed Y/N's request and began to gently apply makeup to the woman's face. They were silent in the process, almost feeling like one word would interrupt the moment. The moment.