Prologue

"I'm sick of being overlooked," Mrs. Claus stated.

Santa sighed as he put the list back on the table. "This again, Mary?"

"Yes, again," Mary said in anger. "I do just as much as you. Maybe, even more!"

"Mary-"

"I created every toy design, I set up all your meetings whether it be with Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, or any of the other legends!" Mary stated. "I keep you from going hungry, I wrap the presents with the elves because you're too "busy" to do it, I'm always the one that checks the list the second time, because you barely check it once! So, where's all my recognition?"

"You get just as much recognition as me," Santa said, staying calm and collected.

"Oh, please," Mary rolled her eyes. "You get the plates of cookies and milk, you get all the advertisements, the movies, the songs! The soda cans! Not too mention, the fame and respect! What do I get? Some lousy title as Santa's submissive housewife!"

"I'm not so happy being labeled as your husband, either." Santa mumbled.

"Then, why can't we just go our separate ways?" Mary asked.

"We were chosen for these roles and there is no way to get out of them by choice," Santa informed. "Cupid said himself that if he could get out of it, he would. He wants to meet someone nice and settle down. But, he can't. Unless they're a legendary figure. He can't even use his own arrows to meet someone. He's stuck being Cupid. Just like I'm stuck being Father Christmas and you're stuck being Mary Christmas."

"Oh, don't even get me started on the name," Mary rolled her eyes. "Mary Christmas. It's fucking ridiculous."

"Language, please,"

"Oh, fuck off," Mary rolled her eyes. "I swear, I'm gonna find a way out of this,"

"Good luck," Santa rolled his eyes.

Mary turned to stomp out of the room, but stopped with her hand hovering over the door knob. The sound of a girl singing filled the room. Mary turned to see Santa looking into a snow globe.

Mary listened to the angelic voice as it sang the lyrics to a Christmas song, even though it was November. She froze, feeling almost lost in the beautiful entanglement of words.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nippin' at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimo's

Mary walked closer to the snow globe and looked at the person inside. It showed a woman, dancing around her home as she put up Christmas decorations.

She had H/L, H/T, H/C hair and stunning E/C eyes. Her skin was a marvelous S/T that matched perfectly with her hair color. Mary was mesmerized by the beauty of this woman.

(H/L= Hair Length. H/T= Hair Type. H/C= Hair Color. E/C= Eye Color. S/T= Skin Tone)

Everybody knows a Turkey and some mistletoe
Help to make the season bright
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight

"Who is that?" Mary asked. Santa didn't answer. "Tell me. I want to know."

Santa sighed. "Her name is Y/N. Y/N M/N L/N"

(Y/N= Your Name. M/N= Middle Name. L/N= Last Name)

They know that Santa's on his way
He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh
And every mothers child is gonna spy
To see if reindeer really know how to fly

"Who is she?" Mary asked. "What's her significance? What is she to you?"

"Well, she stopped believing in me during 8th grade, but she was the best kid I ever watched over," Santa said. "She always insisted on making the cookies from scratch. Her family never helped her either. Her mom would just read off the directions and her older siblings would get the ingredients she couldn't reach. She made them all by herself."

And so I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from 1 to 92
Although it's been said many times, many ways
Merry Christmas to you

"So, why do you keep watching over her?" Mary asked. "If she doesn't believe in you."

"She's one of the only adults that never lost her Christmas spirit," Santa answered. "And, she's been through a lot. I just want to make sure that she's safe...and happy."

And so I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from 1 to 92
Although it's been said many times, many ways
Merry Christmas to you~

"She's pretty," Mary smiled. Santa furrowed his eyebrows and gave her a confused look. "What? Do you think she's ugly?"

"I-I didn't say that," Santa denied. "Why are you so interested in what I'm doing?"

"I'm not interested in what you're doing," Mary stated. "I'm interested in what she's doing."

(Hope you enjoyed it! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)