100 - THE FINALE / Asher the Extravaganza

I awoke in pitch black, lying on something which I couldn't really describe, but it was neither soft nor very hard.

This wasn't my childhood bed. That much was apparent; in which I had slept in the night before, instead I found myself in what I thought was sand. It's wet too, ugh.

From the feeling I got, I think I was also wearing my usual equipment, a sort of armor made of leather. It was a pretty low tier, but I thought it looked pretty cool. Why was I wearing it? I went to bed in my pajamas and now that I am here. I'm suddenly wearing it.

Of course, this place could have been anywhere I could have thought of.

I waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness, but no matter how long I seemed to wait, they never did.

But even though it was too dark to see anything, it wasn't too dark to hear anything.

There were many people present wherever this was.

Talking, shouting, screaming their heads off, moving about, and running.

From the muffled sound of bare feet to the iron clang of armored boots.

I stood up and waved my arms around to see if there was anything in reach, and I didn't know if it was good or bad, but no, there was nothing from my childhood bedroom left.

No bed, no furniture, no walls even. I knew that because I had walked a decent distance in a random direction.

I sat down and after just a slight bit more time in thought, something churned in my stomach.

"Oh no," I said, a realization dawning on me, "this is one hundred percent, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, a death game. Aww fuck, I hope I'm not in the right here. And I still had so much to do. Ladies to meet, lands to conquer, tickets to punch. Boy, that ain't right." I said to myself.

And I was so connected with my parents yesterday too. Even in this form, as far as it is, or was, removed from my original self, they loved me, after they came to believe me and got over the shock.

I had the idea to sort of give them a lot of skills and buffs so they get to the powerful but what for? They were just normal farmers and that's all that they ever wanted to be.

No need to give them anything they don't actually want.

I think they handled yesterday pretty well.

As I put my face into my hands, I realized that they, again, felt differently.

They were clearly smaller and rougher.

My first guess was that I changed appearance again.

"Hey Faye, didn't I tell you I wanted to stay an elf?" I asked her. My guess was that, as usual, she was hovering just a small distance above the ground behind me, "I guess you can see me in the dark. I just assume that darkness is not a very limiting factor for you. Can you tell me how I look now? I feel kinda weird, but this is a... familiar weirdness."

Faye's voice came from behind me, and she confirmed my suspicions, "You look like you did two years ago, before all the changes."

I sighed, feeling a sense of nostalgia for my former self. It seemed like a lifetime ago, and yet it was only two years, "My original form? Oh yeah, before all the buff nonsense and form-switching. Guess I'm back to square one," I muttered. "Anyway, can we leave this place? It gives me the willies."

I sighed, feeling a sense of nostalgia for my former self. It seemed like a lifetime ago, and yet it was only two years. "I guess I'm back to square one," I muttered.

Faye's attempt to leave produced a small amount of light. It seemed like she glitched out for a second and then plainly stated, "I cannot leave this place. Something is preventing me from doing so."