58 - Asher the ...Elf?

Pointy ears. Since yesterday I was a proud owner of a pair of them. They were long, not the stubby pointed kind but the long kind which pointed upright into the sky.

Elves in anime often had these kinds of ears, which just extended straight out of their head or slumped down because of their weight. The second one wasn't an aesthetic I enjoyed.

I like the ones I had.

You are now aware that I enjoy pointy ears and elves in general. Not that I'm an elf supremacist. I like all other races too, nothing wrong with them.

No matter what they are — drow, high, timber, snow—they are all as lovely as each other. Though I'm sure some hated each other more than others, maybe for good reason.

I'm no historian and still not that familiar with the history of this world. I wonder if I ever was going to be.

My interest in the topic came and went, but was not so great that I actually went and researched the topic.

Stereotypically elves are snobbish, great with magic or bows, and detest or otherwise look down on other races.

I got pointy ears now. Does that mean that I have to fall into the stereotypes? Would my personality change if I stayed an elf for too long?

I don't feel any different, not more than I usually do.

Faye was with me again. Since the mountain 'incident', I guess Alexandra didn't feel comfortable letting me be on my own again.

Or maybe Faye missed me and my hijinks.

"Hey Faye, what do I look like to you?" I asked.

"Why is it that you ask?" She said robotically.

"Who knows? I don't have an elfish 'feeling.' They're immortal in this world, right? Shouldn't I feel different? Physically? Or shouldn't my personality change into something... different? Being all high and mighty?"

"Why don't you check yourself?"

"Interesting of you to say that. I recently lost the ability to access any menus. Maybe I reached the threshold of breaking the menus with high numbers and these so-called calculations. How long do you think it's gonna be until I break the world with just high numbers? Like crashing the program? That's something that usually happens when too much is going on in a game and it can't handle it, either it freezes or just crashes. Freezing would be the worse of the two, no?

How long would it take for the gods to reboot this world? And then what would it look like? Does it begin from the start or is there something like a save-file the gods have that they could just reload from?

Anyway.

Is it true I'm an elf?

Or do I simply appear to be one?"

"You are indeed an elf. A High-Elf, to be specific."

"But there could be a possibility for me to just look like one instead of actually being one, right?

You do realize that I don't actually HAVE to BE the race that I appear to be?

I could just be a tall human with pointy ears and colorful hair — which, incidentally, was green.

Or that time I was a horse-man. I was one, at least that's what you and the menus said, but couldn't I just have been a regular person who had been morphed, or maybe more appropriately, bent, into that form to make myself seem a particular way? Seems like it belongs in a horror novel. Waking up with a strange appearance and being unlike yourself.

Like that caterpillar girl from Franken Fran."

"I do not know this caterpillar girl you speak of or what Franken Fran is," Faye said.

"Oh, it's irrelevant. But there is a chance that something similar may happen, right?"

"There is a distinct potential of anything like that happening, but it is very tiny.

Nonetheless, it cannot be argued that you are currently a high-elf. I don't understand why you devote yourself to such benign thoughts."