59 - Asher the Plot-tical Thinker

Taking a big swing from the mug in my hand I leaned back into the rocking chair.

When I still was an old lady, I had built myself a nice little cabin on the outskirts of some town far away enough for most not to disturb me. I don't really remember the town's name anymore.

Before I left it completely, I put the cabin and everything that was in it, in my pocket dimension skill, and this morning I put it wherever the hell I was now.

It would have been a waste to just throw away all the love, care, and work I had put into it, and everything it was made of I made by hand, with the assistance of a few skills, but nothing that automated the process.

It felt like forever since I was just a dude.

Inside I still am, in a way, but I'm not here to argue semantics. Elf dudes are not just 'dudes', in my eyes.

But even with no worries in the world, or rather, in this world, I feel like there's something missing.

What would it be?

I was young; I was old, different races, a boy, a girl, a rock once, but that story is for another time.

"Faye, you think I should actually do something in this world?"

"What do you mean?" She asked, not even pretending to care.

I painstakingly created a rocking chair for her with my own hands too, but she never used it, always hovering just a bit above the ground behind or next to me.

"Something meaningful. I could try to open up my own country. I could be a king.

...

Nah, I don't want to rule. I want people to be free and do whatever they want. I'm just a random asshole with power. Does that really make me qualified to tell others what to do?

Not in my perspective. Might doesn't make right. And on a side note; divine rule is for suckers.

Also, that plot Point has been explored thoroughly enough, and being a leader of anything's gonna be a lot of work. Who has time for that? And why would anyone want to have that much responsibility?"

What was the reason Rimuru wanted to create a kingdom again?

So that the monster races would have somewhere to live and not be prosecuted?

Do I really care about that stuff? A bit, that's for sure. But going too much out of my way to help everyone I find? No.

What was that guy before he was isekai'd? Some kind of businessman, I think.

It's awful, isn't it, how the Japanese have to wage-slave so much for a decent living?

Ainz basically had no say in the matter. He was just stuck as the leader of Nazarick.

I also didn't have a choice- well, I did have the choice of where to be reborn, but not as what or who.

Wait, I didn't even ask Alexandra if I could have. Damn, am I really that stupid? I should have thought about it more and asked her a bunch of questions. Instead of trying to exactly explain in what setting I want to be born in, I should have asked if I also could specifically choose as what to be born as.

MC's usually have something to do in their world. Fantasy school or being a leader or a hero or some corny shit like that.

I, on the other hand, have nothing.

Ugh, I suck.

Why don't I make it my life's work to make the world a better place? Sure, at least until I got bored of it.

There are undoubtedly certain locations in the world that are a complete dumpster fire, like the slave country I was in.

Stomping out some bad laws 'n stuff would be a good idea.

I could establish some political ties and let the world know I was here.

Yeah, sure. Why not?

"What is the closest nation that I haven't yet visited, Faye?" I asked.

"Chauk, to the east."

"Great, to Chauk it is then."