Chapter 4

"The nurse assured Jimin that her nose wasn't broken, but she recommended that she see a doctor just to be safe," said the nurse to Jimin who was sitting silently on the bed. "I'm giving you a painkiller in case you feel any discomfort. You're free to return to your class, but if you experience any pain, don't hesitate to come back here," she added with a smile before leaving the room.

"I'm sorry again" Minjeong apologized again.

"I told you it's okay. I was mad, but when I found out you were my hero, I forgave you," Jimin smiled. "You have no idea how much you helped me, Minjeong. Although, when you left suddenly, I was broken, but I became stronger," Jimin's eyes filled with tears. She wiped her eyes and sat up. "Excuse me, I will go to the bathroom. Don't wait for me," the tall girl said as she left without looking at Minjeong.

Minjeong was confused about what had just happened. She was touched by Jimin's words, but it wasn't her choice to leave Jimin's life suddenly, especially after she had promised the girl to not leave her.

When they were children, Minjeong made a promise to protect Jimin. However, Minjeong left and broke her promise. Now that she has found Jimin again, she is determined to keep her promise and never leave her no matter what.

-

Jimin attended her class and this time there was no introduction, which was a relief. She had to sit at the end of the class as it was the only available spot. She pulled out her book and began taking notes from the teacher.

Five minutes into class, the door opened and Minjeong entered the room. "Sorry for being late, I was using the bathroom," she bowed to the teacher and looked around for a seat. Jimin signaled her to sit next to her. When Minjeong saw her, she smiled and sat next to Jimin. "Are you okay?" Minjeong asked the taller girl.

"Of course why wouldn't I be?" she smiled at her.

"Just making sure," Minjeong smiled. "Do you mind sitting together at lunch?" She quickly looked down and fidgeted with her pen.

"Maybe tomorrow. A friend invited me today to meet with one of her friends. Sorry," Jimin said with a smile while apologizing. Minjeong felt a sensation in her chest that she shouldn't be feeling. "Ah, no problem at all. Maybe we can meet tomorrow then," she forced a smile and continued listening to the teacher.

-

Time skip to lunch.

"I invited someone to join us for lunch," Ningning said while holding onto Minjeong's arm.

"Who?"

"She is a girl I met a few days ago, she is so nice and helped me through so much even though she probably doesn't know about that" She smiled as she remembered the moment they had shared at her house.

"Ohh does my friend here have a crush" minjeong smirked.

Maybe," Ningning blushed. "Anyway, here they are. Let's go.

"We need to talk about your crush, Ning," Minjeong said as they walked towards the table.

Wait.

Minjeong and jimin locked eyes.

"This is your minjeong?!," jimin asked ningning.

"Do you know each other?" the Chinese girl asked, confused by the looks they were exchanging.

After ten seconds of staring at each other in silence, they burst out laughing. "It was you," Jimin said.

"At least we're sitting together today, not tomorrow" minjeong smiled and sat down.

Ningning and Aeri were looking at each other confused "Can someone please explain"

"It's nothing we just happened to know each other.

"This was your friend" minjeong whispered to ningning who was sitting next to her.

"Yes, Jimin is the girl I talked about, and the girl sitting next to her is her sister," Ningning whispered.

Minjeong suddenly realized that Jimin was Ningning's crush. She felt something odd in her chest despite being happy for her friend.

Jimin and Minjeong continued to chat and laugh over lunch, but Jimin couldn't shake the feeling that something was off with Minjeong.

-

Time skip.

'Finally, I will be headed home after this tiring day,' Jimin thought. Minjeong and Ningning had already left; it was just Jimin and Aeri waiting for their mom to come pick them up.

A car parked in front of the school. Jimin ignored it, assuming it wasn't her mother. However, her attention was caught when a familiar figure stepped out of the car.

Ryujin.

Jimin froze. She didn't know if she was dreaming. "Aeri, do you see Ryujin too?" she asked her sister.

"No, I think you are crazy, of course, I see her stupid" Aeri rolled her eyes.

Ryujin approached the Yu sisters "Hi Aeri" she smiled at Aeri "Hello Jimin-

Jimin jumped into Ryujin's arms, hugging her tightly. Ryujin stumbled back almost falling, but she caught herself and hugged the girl back while laughing. "Wow, I see that someone here missed me!"

"You should have told me you were coming," Jimin said, burying her face into Ryujin's neck.

"That wouldn't be a surprise though"

"Ok can you lovebirds take me home please," Aeri said.

They finally pulled apart "I came to pick you up I already called Mrs. Yu" Jimin's eyes widened.

"My mom knew about this too" She felt betrayed.

"Come on let's drop Aeri home and I will take you to a place I want to talk to you," Ryujin said.

Want to talk with you. Jimin couldn't shake the feeling of nervousness that had been with her during the whole ride.

-

Things are getting interesting..