Chapter 25

"Minjeong, we need to talk," her mother said sternly. Minjeong felt tears welling up in her eyes as she realized that she had been out to her mother by accident.

"Maybe I should go," Jimin said as she stood up and grabbed her purse. But she stopped midway when she felt a hand on her wrist.

"Can you stay?" Minjeong looked at Jimin with teary eyes. Jimin nodded in agreement and gave Minjeong a supportive squeeze on her hands. She then went to Minjeong's room to give her and her family some privacy.

They sat on the couch, and Minjeong didn't know how to start or what to say. "I am sorry, Mom," she finally spoke.

Taeyeon looked at her daughter with no expression. "Why are you apologizing?" she asked softly.

"You probably didn't raise me to be gay," Minjeong sniffed, wiping her tears. "I disappointed you. But this is who I am, and I hope you will accept me because I will not change.

"Minjeong," Taeyeon called softly, lifting Minjeong's head by her chin so she could look at her. "Do you think of me like that?" Minjeong frowned in confusion. "I don't care who you love or who you're with, and I am not disappointed in you." She wiped Minjeong's tears. "I am just disappointed that you didn't trust me to tell me about this, and you thought of me wrong." She creased Minjeong's cheeks. "I am your mother, and I will always support you." She hugged Minjeong, who started sobbing on her shoulder. "You too, come here," she said to Sunoo, who was standing afar, looking at them while crying silently.

When Taeyeon called him, he went to them and hugged them too. When they pulled back, they started wiping their tears while laughing softly. "I love you, Mom," Minjeong said, and her mother smiled at her.

"I love you too, hon." She held Minjeong's hand. "Where is your girl? Don't leave her alone." Taeyeon winked, and Minjeong blushed.

"Mom!" she whined, covering her face, and Sunoo laughed at her state. "First, she is not my girl, second, I will go get her." She stood up and went to her room.

As she entered the room, Minjeong saw Jimin sitting on her bed and fidgeting with her phone. When hearing the sound of the door opening, Jimin stood up and approached Minjeong. She held Minjeong's cheeks while looking into her eyes "Is everything okay?" she asked. Minjeong remained silent for a while but then surprised Jimin by hugging her tightly. "Did everything go well?" Jimin asked. Minjeong nodded in the crook of her neck, relieving Jimin's worries.

They had been hugging for five minutes, with Minjeong burying her face in the crook of Jimin's neck, feeling the warmth of her body and the safety of her presence. She loved this feeling of being held by Jimin and could stay in her embrace all day if only she could.

Suddenly, their moment was interrupted by Taeyeon's loud voice from the living room. "You better not be making out in the room!" she yelled, making Minjeong pull back from the hug and hide her flushed face. Jimin, on the other hand, was laughing.

"Mom!" Minjeong whined once again. "We are not," she said as she held Jimin's hand and left the room. However, Jimin's heart started racing when she realized that she was going to meet Minjeong's mother as her lover, which made her panic. Minjeong noticed Jimin's worried expression and squeezed her hands, giving her a calming look. Jimin felt relaxed in her gaze.

They entered the living room and Taeyeon looked at Jimin. "I knew that something was going on between you two," she said when she recognized Jimin.

Jimin bowed 90 degrees. "Hello, Mrs. Kim. I am Jimin, and I am 20 years old." Sunoo could be heard snorting from behind. "I promise to treat Minjeong right and never hurt her," she said while still bowing.