"Yes. I don't want to report Jake to the authorities because it would only make this situation worse and in the process endanger not just my life but a lot of people's lives" my eyes narrowed into slits as I tried comprehending what that could possibly mean.

"What do you..... "Don't ask questions please. Just never tell him you know my whereabouts when I leave. I have to visit a court to get an affidavit for a change of name. I know Jake, he would go to any length to find me"

"Mari.... I groaned and held her hand. "If you have to sign an affidavit for a change of name it means this situation is more serious than my knowledge and it makes Jake seem like one very dangerous person" i stated and a blank smile appeared on her face.

"Because Jake is a dangerous person and that's all I have to say about this luna. When the time is right, that's if there would ever be a right time, I'll tell you about this but for now you know nothing, now let's finish up our meal" she ended the conversation and though I was curious to know what this was all about i respected her wish to not let me know and let it slide. After our meal we washed the dishes and I booked a ride and left.

"Good morning sir Desmond" I greeted the chef as soon as I got into the kitchen and as usual he responded my greeting with a friendly smile

"You are quite late today" he remarked and I offered an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry chef, I got up late this morning plus the morning traffic" I dished out my reasons which he responded with a nod. "That's fine, you're here already. Well today we have very special guests visiting the hotel and the boss has asked for perfection in our services"

"Special guests, do you have any idea who they could be?" He shook his head in response and sprinkled a bit of flour on the dough resting on the counter. "She didn't say, all we know is that they're reputable and respected people in the city" he offered the little information he had about the visitors.

"Okay, I'll go change into my uniform" i informed and left. My phone rang loudly, interrupting me from buttoning my shirt. I answered the call without looking at the name and placed it between my shoulder blades and ear. "Luna" a drowsy voice called and I recognized it to be Carina's.

"Hey sis, how're you?" A loud exhale was heard from the other end before a reply came. "I'm so tired, this project is eating the life out of me" she complained and a smile pulled up on my lips.

"Well, you knew the cons of this when you took up the career so deal with it" I told her and I could picture the look of annoyance on her face. "Yeah, that really helped" she remarked sarcastically which made me laugh. "I have to go now sis, I'll call you as soon as I get a chance" I didn't wait to get a reply i hung up and hurriedly fastened the buttons of my shirt.

I grabbed an apron from the cabinet and left the changing room back to the kitchen only to find it flooded with the other chefs, the waitresses, waiters and room attendants present in the kitchen. I greeted everyone and went to help sir Desmond in preparing the dishes while the manager served out instructions to everyone.