Bonus: Karls always been there.

Chapter art by: @wolfhotels on twitter.

TW: Swearing, mention of alcohol.
______________________________

Sapnap pov:

I... I don't know how to feel.

Let me tell you how Quackity Nevadas broke my heart.

Okay, for starters, we used to be best friends a few years back, along with Karl.  but- he started being distant. He kept showing up late to school, he would say he'd been to tired to call, he would always flake whenever we made plans. And over time we just became acquaintances again.

Karl and I stayed in touch, we've always been closer. But one day I passed Quackity in the halls, and- we talked, we talked for a long time. He explained why he stopped being friends, and said he was sorry, but something about him had changed.

And I found myself slowly falling deeper and deeper every time we spoke. Dream would tease me constantly for it.

Now, to the hard part.

During the party I was planning on asking him out, but he brought Wilbur over and talked to him all night. Sure, I had my friends, Dream, george and Karl, but I really wanted to talk to him.

That's why I got so upset when their sing came on. I was planning on asking him to dance but Karl asked first and Q was already talking to Wilbur again.

So we danced instead.

It was fun, we stepped on each others feet every once in a while, but Karl looked genuinely happy! And I really liked seeing him happy. After the song ended Karl laughed with me and we started going back to the table, but Wilbur ran into me.

I didn't mean to look so pissed off, but really, what are you supposed to do when you find someone dancing with your crush to a song THEY made TOGETHER.

I chose to leave it alone and sit down again, me and Karl had some really fun conversations, at one point I'm pretty sure he started blushing but it might've been from the drinks.

We talked and played the game for quite some time until Quackity stood up and said he was gonna help Wilbur sober up. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, I was enjoying Karl's company instead.

It had been around twenty minutes and Big Q still wasn't back so I said I was gonna check to see if he's okay.

I checked the kitchen, nothing.

The bathrooms, nothing.

I skimmed the entire lounge area, no sign of either of them.

I was starting to panic a bit.

None of us really knew what Wilbur was like so what if he'd done something to Quackity! I need to make sure he's alright.

I thought for a quick second on where he could be and decided to check upstairs. When I got up the stairs I called his name lightly, just for no response.

I slowly started checking doors, and hallways. And then I heard talking coming from one of the rooms.

I peeked in slightly, and sure enough, it was just the people I was looking for. I felt a rush of relief run through my body when he was alright, but then... they kissed.

I turned away from the door, my eyes slightly glossy as I put a hand on my mouth. I took a breath before quickly running down the hall, I passed Schlatt on the way.

Once I went downstairs I bumped into Karl again.

"Woah-! Hey Sapnap! Are... are you alright?"

I looked him in the eyes and pulled him into a hug. Sobbing lightly into his colourful sweater.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, let's sit down for a second..."

<fifteen minutes later>

Karl managed to make me smile and laugh again. I told him I found the person I liked kissing someone, I didn't tell him I liked Quackity though. he seemed a bit saddened by that. But- I think I'm realizing something now.

I didn't like Quackity.

I liked the idea of him.

Y'know the whole 'childhood friends to lovers' thing. And if I'm being honest, I still like the idea of that. Having a deep connection with someone you've known for years, that just sounds so fulfilling.

Hey Karl... I think I'm gonna head home. I'll call an Uber, if you want one I can get you one too,

"Oh, no it's fine. There's- there's just one last thing..."

Oh? And what's that..?

"Okay... this might not be the time but I just want to say that I-really-like-you-and-I-have-for-a-while-and-I-wanted-to-ask-if-you'd-want-to-go-out-at-some-point? I'm-not-trying-to-rush-you-or-anything! Feel-free-to-say-no-if-you-want, I-promise-I-won't-be-mad-please-just-" he rushed out, barely breathing between sentences.

KARL.

"Huh-?"

That- that sounds nice. See you next weekend,

"Wait- really?!"

I nodded and went to the parking lot, waiting for an Uber.

And yeah, that's the story of how I got my heart shattered by one old best friend and then got a date on the next Sunday with someone who's been here for me everyday.

I can't believe I didn't notice Karl sooner...
______________________________
[845 words]