Chapter twenty-two: the dreaded Minecraft dinner.

Chapter art by: @oca123789 on Twitter

TW: swearing(?), mention of abandoning children, mention of bruises. We love that here :]
______________________________

Nobody's pov:

Quackity was now stood in front of the house, jaw practically in the asphalt he stood on, and his bag just barely touching the ground. 'Is this the right address? No way Wil's that rich?!' He thought, so he checked the text again. And yes, this was the Minecraft house.

To cut it short, the house was ginormous, and so were most of the houses on L'manberg st. But regardless, it still had that humble abode feel to it. Just a tad fancier...

Q shook his head and walked toward the front door, knocking lightly, he was feeling a little self-conscious about his outfit because it definitely doesn't match the whole 'vibe' of the house he's looking at. It's a bit more laid back, baggy jeans, a white t-shirt and an oversized grey sweater on top. Not to mention the beanie, never forget the beanie.

He hears a small "hold on!" From somewhere inside and a second later the door opens to show Wilbur in a white button up shirt and some comfy pants.

"Oh! Hey man! Hey I wanted to ask if everything was alright, I still don't know what that bang was on the phone the other day.." [y'all I'm so tired don't mind the cringe writing]

Quackity's hurt arm shifted uncomfortably. "It was nothing, just- dropped something. That's all."

"oh... I should probably let you in yeah?" He let out a small awkward laugh.

'Why am I so nervous..? He's been at my house before, why do I feel weird in his?' The ravenette asked himself, he must've seemed off though, because the next thing the taller said pulled him out his thoughts.

"Big Q? You alright? You're gapping."

"Huh? O-Oh yeah it's just- I feel like I'm underdressed... your house is so, fancy. Are you sure that your parents are fine with me coming in the house..?" Quackity said shyly, he wasn't feeling himself.

"Quackity I can assure you that my parents will not give an ever living shit about what you look like. Phil is literally wearing his plaid pajama pants right now, besides, I quite like your outfit." Wilbur made a gesture with his hand before continuing, "now, the one person you should worry about is Tech, he gets pissed when people are late for dinner, so come inside."

The ravenette scoffed and rolled his eyes before stepping in.

"There's the Q I know!" The taller smiled brightly and led the other to the dinning room. There at the table sat Techno and Tommy talking to their Mumza, Phil(who was actually in his plaid pants) was in the kitchen, grabbing the last dish of food. TechnoBlade's famous potatoes. [I want mashed potatoes so bad rn I could cry.]

At the sight of the teen in the room Tommy immediately looked up, "BIG Q!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE COMING?!"

"Theseus, indoor voice. We do this everyday." The pinkette spoke out, not looking towards the blonde and instead going back to his conversation with Mumza.

"Hey Tommy! Sorry, I thought you would've known. I came here for the project." Quackity was smiling again.

"OUUUGGHH. Why are old people so boring..."

"Tommy, we're also in high school. We aren't that old." The brunette sighed and took a seat beside Techno, then patting the seat beside him telling Quackity to sit there.

Phil soon came back with the potatoes and sat beside Kristin. "So, Quackity was it? How are you?" The noirette spoke with an almost unsettling calmness.

"Oh-! I'm alright, h-how are you?" He managed to sputter out, caught off guard by her sentence. He would curse himself out for stuttering later though.

"I'm well, thanks. Now, how'd you meet Wilbur?" Suddenly she was lightly glaring at the boy, sending shivers all across the table.

The brunette put his face in the palm of his hand, "Mumza please... we aren't- we're just friends..."

"Oh hush, I'd still like to know.
now, Quackity? How'd you meet them?" Kristin continued, despite her sons groan.

The shorter just let out a dry laugh "I met Tommy online and he introduced me to Wilbur when he switched schools.

"Ah, I see. You've known each other for a while then. So, tell me about yourself!"

"O-Oh okay... Uhmm my name is Quackity Nevadas? I... I- uhh, like piano? I'm not really sure what else to say-!" He smiled again, this time putting a hand on the back of his neck. He tried to keep calm and just eat the dinner but he felt like he was being interrogated by the woman. Which he was,

"Oh yes, Nevadas, Nevadas, are you the son of Gabriel by chance? I knew him from high school,"

The teen out his hand down and started to look a bit uncomfortable by the mention, I mean, can you blame him? He still has a bruise.

"Y-Yeah. He- eh, moved to America when I was little though... I'm sorry, could you show me to the washroom..?" He started, Wilbur took notice of his discomfort and stood up.

"Here, I'll show you." And he took Quackity upstairs for the closest bathroom. "Hey, sorry about that. She's Uhmm, protective, sometimes. I'll tell her to take it down a notch though..." and before the ravenette could say something, Wil was already downstairs.

"Mum, can you stop with the questions? I'm pretty sure his dad left, like, abandon, left." The eldest glared at his Mumza as he sat.

"Wait, seriously?! Oh my- I'm so sorry. Can you please tell him I didn't mean to strike a nerve? That's horrible..." Kristen was wide eyed now.

"Yeah sure, just- maybe don't ask too many questions okay?"

"Yes, no problem, absolutely."

Speak of the devil and he shall come, because Q started walking back towards the table again. Almost catching their conversation.

The pinkette cleared his throat, "okay. I've got to go, Sap's been nagging me all day to practice with him. The game got pushed forward by a bit so we have to cram. Nice seeing you Quackity."

"Oh- nice to see you too Techno, tell him I said hi for me." The ravenette smiled politely.

"Will do Q. Bye Phil, Mumza."

"No goodbye to your beloved brothers? Treason!" The blonde shouted out, crossing his arms.

"The world needs traitors Tommy, who else will overthrow governments for you?" And with that TechnoBlade was already gone, Not dealing with the blonde's shenanigans tonight.
______________________________
[1083 words]

[listen, I wrote this at one am yesterday so if it sucks then sorry. Where i live school is starting in a week and I keep having nightmares and shit lol]

[thank you to everyone who's still reading this!! You have no idea how much seeing your comments and stuff helps lol]

[I nearly discontinued this book like ten chapters ago but I'm glad I didn't <3]