Chapter twenty-nine: Aimsbucks the cafe!

Chapter art by: @artist._.dsmp on instagram :]

TW: swearing.
______________________________

Quackity pov:

That was- well, it was weird. It was funny seeing him flustered though.

...did he really mean that? That I could ask for help if anyone hurts me? I mean he seems genuine, I'm not weak though! I can handle that kind of shit-

When are we gonna hang out again? I mean- maybe I could take him to that cafe? That'd be nice! I'll ask him later.

<after school>

I walked out the school doors with Charlie, saying that I was gonna ask if Wilbur wanted to go to the cafe, there's one problem, or- not exactly a problem per se.

I told Karl and Charlie I wouldn't be going to their house tonight and when they asked why I simply told the truth! And then they insisted on coming along, I agreed, it'll be nice if the three of them become friends!

I walked up to the brunette, tapping him on the back as he turned around

"Oh! Hey Q!" His face started to turn a light pink.

Hey-! I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the cafe with me and my friends?

The taller breathed sharply,

U-Uhm, never mind, you're probably tired, see you tomorrow!

I started to turn away and walk back when I felt a light grab on my wrist.

"Wait, no that actually sounds pretty nice. I haven't been out in a while," he smiled, god he's so pretty. I think I really do like him—

Oh! Okay, well we're gonna go in an hour, so meet you there?

"Yeah-! See you then," and then he turned to walk away, letting go of my wrist.

After a second Karl popped up beside me, "ouuu~! did you ask him out?"

What-? No! He's coming with us to the cafe, and you're not ditching me! It's not a date, we're friends, nothing more,

"Mhm, sure, then why did I see you in the closet together?" Slime jumped out from behind Karl.

I- we weren't- oh my god... he got stuck in it, I opened the door and we just skipped class there. Nothing... 'else', Charlie!

"Okay, okay, whatever." He rolled his eyes,

Why were you down there anyways?

"My class was on that floor and the closet is near the bathroom, I called your name but you were talking and didn't notice me."

Seems about right, I'm gonna walk home now, I hate these uniforms...

<an hour later>

I made it to the cafe, it was a nice, red, brick building with vines ands moss growing on the walls outside, the scent of coffee and sweets everywhere you went. I headed inside and saw Karl sitting at a table by himself, he must've come early.

"Hey Q!"

Why, Hello Karlos!

He rolled his eyes, scoffing lightly, "that's not my name, duck fuck."

Hey! To far-!

We laughed at that, getting cut off my a ding on both of our phones. It was Charlie, said he couldn't make it to the shop. Dammit, slime!

'How dare you leave us.' I typed back, he sent a small apology and we said it was fine, then continued waiting for the brunette.

We waited for five minutes, then ten, and then the shop bell chimed. It was Wilbur!

He looked out of breath, "hey guys! Sorry I'm- late-" he said between breathes, clearing his throat before sitting down and continuing, "I uh- had to drive Tommy over to Tubbo's house and then walk over here."

Karl smiled politely, "it's all good! Tommy's your younger brother right?"

"Yeah, he's in his second year of high school."

The conversation flowed slowly, until a waiter came up. "Hey there! Welcome to Aimsbucks! What can I get you three?"

Oh! Uhm- I'll take a...

<a few minutes later>

Soon, the waiter came back with our drinks and a plate with the cookies we'd ordered on it.

I wasn't to hungry so I figured I'd let them eat it, I took a sip of my drink and continued our conversation, Wilbur was rambling on about anteaters or something, I joined in every once in a while, but I was quiet for the most part.

After a minute of the tallest expressing his hatred for the poor animal, there was a small silence. Wilbur went to grab the last cookie, but stopped. "Oh, you can have this one Q, you haven't had any yet, have you?"

No it's fine, I'm not really hungry.

"Are you sure? You didn't eat at lunch today, did you at least eat breakfast?"

No, I'm good. I had a granola bar at lunch. I'll just make dinner late-

"QUACKITY. Eat your food! You remember what happened last time you got like this?" Karl shouted, "you fucking passed out! Eat your food."

Im just not hungry-

"No, Karl's right. You should eat more, I'll take you to the store later."

What-? No, no, it's fine! I got a few things a couple days ago it's-

"That wasn't a question, I'm taking you to the store whether you like it or not!" Wil was now smiling, passing me the cookie that still sat there on the plate. I didn't feel like arguing, so just ate it. Soon after Karl said his goodbyes, and Wilbur forced me in the direction of the grocery store.

I hadn't been at this store in a while, I always go to the corner store since it's closer to home.

The brunette dragged me into one of the aisles, he made me carry the basket as he put a few ingredients in it.

Wilbur, what are you doing? What would I make with- cherry tomatoes and... I don't even know what this is!

"Dinner! Last time you came over you said you hadn't had a home cooked meal in a while, so I learned how to make this recipe for you!"

You- what..?

Wilbur froze a bit, slowly turning his head to face me. he looked... disturbed. Like he didn't mean to say that.

Wilbur? You alright?

"YEAH IM FINE. L-Let's go get the other ingredients..."

And then Wilbur walked down the aisle further, my face heated up a bit knowing he had practiced something for me. Why is he so cute?

We didn't talk much after that conversation, I figured he was embarrassed so I didn't push it any further, though one day I will tease him relentlessly for it.

Once we finished at the self checkout counter, he walked home with me.

Fuck.
______________________________
[1092 words]

[not rly much to say tbh]

[I ate a bunch of cookie dough today though so that's a fucking win for me]