Chapter twelve: Poster.

Chapter art by: @somedeimi on Twitter

Tw: swearing.

[btw when it's in someone's pov and their having a conversation anything the pov person says will be in italics like that.]
______________________________

Wilbur pov:

"Heck yeah! Let's goooooo" Quackity said, grabbing the sleeve of my shirt and dragging me towards the school again.

Tommy waited for us to get to the doors and led us to a poster in the hall. By this point Toms had pulled Quackity up to the poster and I was trailing behind. I don't remember when Q let go of my sleeve.

Signup.
In a week we will have our school and the neighbouring schools swap students for a week as a test for seeing how well students adapt to new environments. If you'd like to learn more please write your name on the list below.
~[•]~

Tom, why is this important?

"Yeah Tommy, why? Are you planning to go or something?" Quackity asked.

"No!! I can't leave Tubbs here alone! He's just a boy!"

Toms, Tubbo is the same age as you.

"Yeah yeah shut up Wil, the point is we might have some new students!"

"Okay? Everyone in high school is the same Tommy. We probably won't even notice any new kids past their first day."

"Oh for the love of prime, you guys are so boring." Tommy whined.

Then Sapnap passed by and yelled out: "Hey!! Tommy! Are you playing in the next match?!" He looked a bit stressed.

"Uhmm- no I don't think so mate. Techno's always been a bit more into that stuff, me not so much. I'll watch it though!"

"Oh, sorry then, see you in the bleachers I guess!" Then he turned around like he was going to walk away but flipped back to look at us again. "Quackity! A-are you playing? In the match I mean..?"

"I- Uhmm probably not... sorry sapnap. I'm not really, into that stuff anymore."

Sapnap looked a bit shocked. "...oh... okay then. Hope you'll At least go to the party..." then he walked off with his head tilted down and met up with dream.

Hey Toms? What's the 'next match' about?

"Oh yeah! It's just a big soccer game, they have to win this to be able to compete in bigger games later on in the year. It's a big deal for Sapnap so he's trying to get the best players to play."

"Oh really?" Quackity joined back in. He had just been staring at sapnap with a confused expression on.

"Yep! Hey, didn't you use play on the team Quackity?"

"Yeah I did. I didn't really like it though and just lost interest."

You? Quackity? Used to play sports? I don't believe it.

"Well believe it jackass. I'm not that lazy— or- well I am now, I wasn't that lazy a while ago I guess."

I scoffed and smiled a bit before the bell rang and we all walked to our classes separately.

<after school>

Quackity's pov:

After Toms told us about that useless poster we all split up for the day. I passed Wilbur in the halls once and had a short conversation, but Sapnap walked by again and just stared for a second. He started going a bit red and then got pulled away by Dream again. What is wrong with him?

It's fine, he's probably just super stressed about his big game! I'm actually quite excited to go! I'll probably just make fun of them the whole time but eh- what else would I do? Actually watch the game?! No! Of course not silly!

Once I got out the school gates I saw sally walking back home from school again.

"Oh hey! Quackity was it?" She came up and asked seeming really excited, at least compared to how she was last time.

Yeah! Hey sally! Are you doing better now?

"Oh, how sweet! Yes I'm doing- better." She continued, rubbing the back of her neck seeming to be uncomfortable at the mention of what happened.

Sally cleared her throat and began speaking with a bright smile again. "About that, I wanted to ask if you'd like to go to a cafe with me? I just wanted to thank you, that's all!"

Oh-! Okay, sure sally, that's sounds nice!

"Great! Meet up there in an hour? I've got to shower first." The ginger asked, keeping a warm smile on her face.

Yeah no problem! I've got to change out these clothes anyways.

"Right! See you then! I'll text you the details!"

Then sally and I split up, I went home to change out of my uniform.
______________________________
[744 words dear lord.]

[sorry I haven't posted in a bit, I've had writers block.]

[I wrote this at like midnight last night and edited it in a car this morning so sorry if there's some mistakes lol]

[oh yeah btw I'll try and edit/post another chapter later today but I'm visiting my great-grandma so it'll take a bit.]