Chapter twenty-three: acoustic guitar and arguments.

Chapter art by: @kitsuneise on Twitter

TW: swearing 😔
______________________________

Nobody's pov:

And with that, TechnoBlade was already out. Not dealing with the blonde's shenanigans tonight.

<after dinner.>

"Kay, we're gonna grab my guitar and head to the garage if that's alright now?" The brunette looked to Phil.

"Yeah, have fun mate. Take it easy all right?"

After Wilbur nodded and told Quackity to follow him to his room, they went upstairs into the talkers bedroom.

Most of the furniture was white, but he had a few plants and posters attached to the wall, a nice window, it's very pretty.

"Come on in, I just need to grab a few things."

The two stepped in, Quackity immediately noticed an acoustic guitar in the corner, decorated with painted flowers and stickers. Some are spiders, or sheep, little rainbows or smiley faces, and it looks well loved, not in the way that some five year olds doll is, in the way where it's probably cleaned every few days, strummed gently so strings don't snap. Like that.

Another thing the ravenette notices is a desk and chair. In the desk are a few notebooks, there's a shut laptop. And a bunch of papers scattered. A few of them being doodles or scribbles and others saying things like 'if he's still infatuated, with the truth,' or 'though it feels like we're built, from the same, dirt'

Ones like that all have little music notes drawn across the page. So the shorter assumed they were lyrics of some sort.

"Q? I've got my guitar and the lyrics we wrote so we can head back now." The taller snapped him out his thoughts.

"Oh sweet. I'm assuming you've got a piano then?" He responded.

"Yeah, Toms likes to play and he won't mind you using it. Come on, it's in the garage. That's why the cars always in the driveway."

"Oh, alright then."

<small time skip>

Quackity pov:

Wilbur and I went to the garage, it was a bit cold but I had my jacket so it's fine.

"Hey Quackity? Can I ask why you brought a big bag to the house?"

Oh yeah, it's got some extra clothes and stuff, I'm staying at Charlie's house tonight with Karl. I couldn't be at mine tonight.

"Oh..." The brunette seemed a little off, muttering something under his breath. Not loud enough for anyone to hear.

What was that?

"Hm? Nothing?"

...okay? Let's start yeah?

"Sure!"

I started practicing on the piano keys while Wil tuned his guitar. After he finished that, he started strumming the melody while I tapped the keys.

I hummed along, and eventually Wilbur sang. It was beautiful, his voice sounded deep and meaningful, but still had that high pitched quality to it.

[for those whom know the song these lyrics are from, respectfully, SHUT YO ASS UP<3 I don't want any unintended spoilers to my readerssss]

"Feeling sick of myself,"

His voice is so smooth, it sends chills down my spine.

"Think I'll try to be someone else,"

And his face is so pretty isn't it?

"Can't be hard to paint a person in my head,"

...he really likes singing, doesn't he? He's very good at it.

"Create a version, a parallel,"

I find myself stuck in my thoughts again. It's quite the common thing now isn't it. But now, I can just hear what he's singing, it doesn't sound like lyrics, just sugar and honey pouring out of him as he sings. It's truly amazing. I need to stop thinking like this... it's not right, he's my friend. You don't want to kiss your friends. But I'm not gonna lie, if he asked, who am I to say no?

But that's the thing. He's not going to ask. He knows we're friends and that's all. And I know it too. Even with our awkward moments, we're friends now. I'm not risking that for my own selfish thoughts.

We end the song, he's smiling so brightly, I would stay in this moment forever, But I can't. Especially since Wilbur is standing up and walking towards me. Wait what-?

"Quackity that was awesome! Y'know I'm actually quite glad we're partners," the brunette stopped at that last word, face turning a slight pink. "I-I mean for the project... not- yeah never mind... wanna go again? I noticed I kept messing up a few lines."

Yeah sure...

What was that about? I mean- I wasn't going to assume we were 'partner' partners, was he? No, of course he wasn't. It was just a slip up.

And here we go again-!

<time skip, two hours>

Okay, I think I'd better go now, Charlie's probably waiting.

"Oh yeah, sorry I forgot you were going there. We could've stopped a bit ago if you wanted..." the brunette was now standing with his hand on his neck. "Do you want someone to drive you there? Or I could walk you if it's not far,"

N-No it's okay! It's only like... twenty minutes away? I'll be fine.

"Twenty?! Did you walk that long the way here to? I thought the walk from our houses was shorter than that..."

Wilbur, it's fine man! it only takes longer cause I don't walk fast and I'm carrying my bag.

"Q, I would've drove you over here if you asked."

I- no, it's fine. I'll be alright. Why do you care so much?

"I just- let me drive you there? There's some not-so good people here. I want you to be safe is all," the taller was now looking down.

And you think I can't take care of myself? I don't need your help.

"Quackity you know that's not what I mean. I'm driving you there, come on grab your bags."

I sighed and rolled my eyes again and stared at him. I feel bad that he wants to drive me there, but why does he care so much?! After a short lived staring contest we got in one of the cars in the driveway.

The entire ride was quiet, I'd look over once in a while and just see him smiling. At least he's happy, he won the argument after all... though I'm not really sure if you could call it that.
______________________________
[1032 words pog]

[hopefully this makes up for missing a few day of posting]

[I painted all morning lol I painted a human heart and it looked cool so that's great 👍]

[ayup, friendly reminder that you are loved, you should eat some food so you aren't starving, drink some water, at least try to get a good nights rest, I know it's hard. If your feeling sorta depressed try asking someone you can trust for help. if you need a little advice on smth ask in the comments, I'll try my best to answer. goodnight friends<3]