{ 1: The Art of Death }

* * *

1

_______________________________________________

The Art of Death

IT'S invigorating, isn't it?

To be stripped of everything and anything you've ever known, be thrust into an otherworldly universe parallel to your life; to have access to a universe foreign to your circumstances and your thoughts; to have no structure, starting anew with a life of political strife and moral dispositions, present with the absence of past anklebiters.

You are free to ensure your future, yet you are caged by the past which always, always haunts.

There's some incredible irony that clutches to your mind like vices that wonder, beg and plead. What has gone wrong? What has led to this loss of everything that matters? What has made you surrender your mental capacity and valor that once plundered forward with much fervor? It is true, you can question these things and unravel your mind into a path of insanity and archaic chaos. But what good will this do, if not prove your worthlessness to those who have harmed you, shunned you, renounced you? There are no obligatory responses which you must conjure against those that condemned you.

No.

There is only calmly controlled retaliation; a retributive justice that can only be served with a level head and rationality. So, why wallow with the demons that wonder, beg and plead, when you can conquer with the demons that rage, punish and decide?

But those are the thoughts of slaves—not someone of your stature, no, not at all.

Are they, though?

Perhaps it is time for Kings to become slaves, and slaves to become Kings.

Oh but, Lykalis's mind would merely ramble on juxtaposing morality and the issue of her elder brother's decision to conquer as a demon of divine revelations for no reason at all.

She was new to this alternate reality; this future spooled by the Fates and tied to a star she could neither see nor destroy.

So, lost of most things that mattered, Lykalis would wonder, beg and plead unlike her brother. She would question, ponder and query the King of Kolteo with deep regret, guilt and shame. What a waste of time, observing her own emotions as if they could ever matter in the grand scheme of things that occurred by the providence of the gods.

What gods, though, truly watched over her in any way? Was there even a need for them to exist, when it seemed like gods were worthless, present only in dreams and, well, if gods were all powerful beings, celestial things, then wasn't Moira one of those?