Chapter: 2

Once on the train, we found a compartment to sit in. It was strange that my dad was joining me this year; he was accepted as hogwart's new defense against the dark arts teacher, hence why he was tagging alongside me. We settle down, and dad places his suitcase onto the side of the window. It was a gift I bought him when he got the job at hogwarts, it had his name on it. "Professor R J Lupin" engraved in the middle.

"I'm gonna nod off for the ride, yesterday was a tough night" he says.

He looked very tired. I tried to get used to it but after every full moon, after every new scar, the feelings of worry and sympathy and the urge to just do something were all the same. Remus Lupin have been suffering since he was a tiny child after being bitten by Fernir Greyback which wasn't fair at all. Not when he was the sweetest kindest soul you could ever meet. And what hurts more is that I can't do anything to make things better.

"Don't forget your wolfsbane" I reminded him, smiling reassuringly at him and kissing his cheek.

The train was about to leave when the golden trio rushed into our compartment. Harry, Ron and Hermione were just as chaotic as ever, 3 pees in a pod. They sat down, catching their breaths.

"Hello sara!" Said harry and hermione.

"Hey guys!"

We weren't really that close, but they were sweet and being in the same house, Gryffindor, meant that we were considered friends.

"Who's that?" Ron, ever the blunt one, asked motioning towards my father's sleeping figure. Hermione slapped his hand, chiding him for not being polite. I couldn't help it but laugh, I love how hermione was the mom of the group ,literally. The pout that ron gave was just the cherry on top.

"It's okay mione! This is my dad, he got a job at hogwarts."

Before they could say anything, we heard ron's mom shouting for him, running after the already moving train. He had forgot his rat. Seriously how can one forget their pet? Well I guess that's just ron. She finally reached the window to our compartment and handed him the rat from the window.

I have to admit it's nice to have a mom who cares about you. Don't get me wrong, my dad is more than caring, but still I lacked something. My mom was my father's girlfriend, but once she got pregnant everything changed. She didnt want a werewolf for a child, which is stupid considering that lycanthropy wasn't inherited and had to be passed by a bite from a werewolf. They agreed that she would have me and my dad will be responsible for me. And she did, then we never heard from her again. Although my dad was more than enough, he's the most sweet, kind, loving, understanding and warm person, but sometimes I still wonder what would have happened if I was living with a mother too. I feel bad for my dad, he went through enough torture being a werewolf, and some kind of heartbreak that happened in his past that I still don't really know about. He still haven't told me what happened, but from what I know is that it has to do with friends, betrayal and war. He also has been on edge all week, with his new position and the escape of siruis black, who's said to be a supporter of You Know Who, from azkaban has really messed up with him. He's quiet nervous and stressed for no reason. Not to mention last night's full moon.

My train of thoughts was abruptly cut when, suddenly, the train stopped. It is unusual for the express to break. Wierd.

"What the-?" before Ron could continue his phrase, the entire train shook violently. I steadied myself as I rubbed my arms in an effort to warm myself. I realised that the temperature seemed to drop, even the windows were freezing. Before we could do anything, the atmosphere suddenly became gloomy and dark, as if death itself was there. I was so terrified that I started trembling from both fear and cold. Suddenly, a hand, slimy and scabbed, a hand of death, grips the half-open compartment door, pushes it aside, revealing a towering, cloaked figure, its face hidden beneath its black hood. I was too scared to move, my heart beating in my throat.

The creature seemed to scan the room before inching towards harry, who looked as pale as a ghost. Then, Harry fainted just as dad woke up and repeled it by a Patronus charm.

Hermione and Ron were panicking over harry, but dad assured them that he will be fine. He was out cold for all the rest of the trip. Once he woke up, he was confused and afraid. Mione and Ron calmed him down, telling him that he fainted. Apparently he heard or saw something non of us did.

My dad opened his trunk, grabbing a bar of chocolate. He always had one on him wherever he went, he had such a sweet tooth.

"Eat, you'll feel better!" He said his favourite phrase, handing the bar to Harry before heading out. I quickly wished Harry to get well soon and followed my father out of the train. Well, looks like it's gonna be an interesting year from the start.