Chapter 27

The arrival of Prince Frederick was most welcomed in England, even France who celebrated its new prince as well. There were celebrations throughout out both kingdoms for both royalty and commoners. The news of Prince Fredrick's birth was not the only news being celebrated. Edward Seymour and Elizabeth's lady in waiting, Mariana Rochford, were finally married after a year of engagement. They wanted to wait after the chaos with the former Queen's misconduct and all that drama. Elizabeth was able to join the celebrations as she was out of her confinement, just in time for Christmas. Elizabeth stood next to Mary as they greeted the nobility of the court with James next to his wife. The trio talked amongst themselves until Eustace Chapuys, Mary's confidant and the Spanish ambassador; walked up to them. Mary smiled brightly and said, "Ah, Eustace! It's wonderful to see you again." Eustace bowed the royal trio and said, smiling at Mary, "It is an honor to be back at court, Lady Mary. *He then turned to Elizabeth and James* May I offer my congratulations to you both on the birth of your son, Your Royal Highnesses? I'm sure he will be a good prince one day." James smiled and replied, while Elizabeth bowed her head, "Thank you, ambassador. We hope you enjoy the celebrations." Eustace bowed and said, "I shall, Your Royal Highness." With his bow, the ambassador then made his way over to the side where Mary promised to speak with him and her husband shortly. Elizabeth turned to James and said, "Has anything been said from France?" James smiled softly and replied, "My family has written us some letters, congratulating us on Fredrick's birth and wishes to see us soon. I wrote back and promised to visit them soon. I planned on bringing it up again to your father during the next council meeting. We hadn't seen my family in a long time and it will give Nicholas and Cate a chance to experience their foreign side of the family." Elizabeth smiled and said, "I shall speak to Lady Bryan and their tutors about teaching the children on how to speak French and learning the culture. *She then noticed one of her oldest and dearest friends walk into court and excused herself from her sister and husband* Oh, I am sorry but do excuse me, dear husband."

James watched as his wife walk up to a older woman whose face lit up at the sight of Elizabeth. The woman then curtsied and chuckled as the younger woman brought her into a embrace. Elizabeth let out a laugh and said, "Oh, it's good to see you again, Lady Latimer." The woman, Lady Latimer, chuckled and replied, "It is so good to see you as well, Princess Elizabeth. Congratulations on your new son. When may I see him? Along with your other children?" Elizabeth said, as she linked arms with Lady Latimer, "Soon, my dear Catherine. Tell me, how is your husband, the Lord Latimer?" Lady Latimer, also known as Catherine Parr, smiled and replied, "Alas, he is still ill. The doctors say he might not last the month but I still have hope he will." Elizabeth nodded and said, "Well, I shall pray for his recovery. Let me take you to my sister and husband so you can say hello. I don't think you've met my husband yet." Elizabeth then led her friend over to her sister and husband who were in conversation with another lord and lady or the court. The couple bowed and curtsied to the two and walked away. Elizabeth smiled at her sister and husband and said, introducing her friend, "Mary, you remember our old friend, Lady Catherine Latimer?" Mary smiled and said to Catherine, "Welcome back to court, Lady Catherine. I hope you are enjoying the celebrations. How is your husband?" Catherine curtsied to the princess and replied, "Thank you, Your Highness, it is an honor to be back. I am indeed. My husband is still ill, I'm afraid. I'm told he won't last the month." Mary looked at her sympathetically and said, "I shall pray for his swift recovery." Elizabeth then turned to her husband and said, smiling, "Catherine, I don't think you have met my husband. James, allow me to introduce one of my most dearest friends. Lady Latimer, also known as Catherine Parr. Catherine, this is my husband, Prince James Valois of France." Catherine curtsied to James and said, "It is an honor to meet you, Your Highness. Your wife has told me so much about you." James bowed his head and replied, smiling, "It is my pleasure, Lady Latimer. Any friends of Elizabeth's is a friend of mine. Maybe soon, we can all get together and get to know each other more." Catherine smiled and said, "That would be delightful. *She then noticed that she was being called over by one of the courtiers* If you'll excuse me, Your Highnesses, I do believe that I am being called over."

Just as Catherine walked away, Henry walked into the throne room where his entrance was announced by the herald. Everyone in the room both bowed and curtsied as he passed and made his way to his two daughters and son-in-law. Mary and Elizabeth both curtsied to their father while James bowed. Henry smiled at the trio and said, "Mary, you have outdone yourself with the celebrations. Well done, my Pearl. And Elizabeth, you look absolutely beautiful, my jewel." Elizabeth smiled and replied, "Thank you, Papa." Mary grinned brightly and said, "Thank you, Your Majesty. I hope you do enjoy yourself." Henry smiled softly and replied, "I believe I shall. You and your sister go mingle, I will be here." Both Mary and Elizabeth smiled at each other before joining the nobles. Elizabeth stood next to her husband, sister and brother-in-law, and Edward and Mariana. The princess was swaying side to side to the music and when James noticed, he smiled lovingly. He turned to her and said, "May I have this dance, my love?" Elizabeth smiled brightly and replied. "Of course, my heart."

James held out his hand for Elizabeth, which she took with her own, and led his wife to the dance floor. Soon, Mary and Nathaniel joined them along with Catherine Parr. (AN: Listen to the Kingdom Dance from Tangled) From his seat on the throne, Henry VIII watched his court and family with a small smile. He wished to join them but the pain on his leg from his ulcer and his old age was forbidding him to do so. Despite his pain, he was content to sit back and watch the happiness between his two eldest daughters and their husbands. On the sidelines, Princess Elizabeth 2nd was swaying side to side and itching to join in the dance. She jumped up and down and said to her lady-in-waiting, "Oh, Kat. I want to dance like my sisters. May I, please?" Her lady-in-waiting, Kat Ashley, smiled and replied, "Of course, you may, Your Highness." Elizabeth 2nd smiled brightly and joined in the dance with another nobleman of the court as the music began to quicken. The dancers then formed a circle with the royal family, apart from Henry, in the middle and spun around as the music went even faster. The other courtiers clapped to the beat of the music, grinning amongst each other. On the last note, the dancers then jumped and clasped their partners' hands, breathing heavily. The court erupted into cheers and applause as the dancers bowed/curtsied to each other. Henry himself smiled and clapped for the dancers who bowed/curtsied to him. This was probably one of the happiest moments of Henry's life in the few weeks of his previous wife's death.