Mae Hyo hesitated to say anything at all, "Jaemin, about last nigh-"

"no strings, Mae" Jaemin responds, even before she said  anything.

Mae Hyo remembers what she told him, "no strings, right?" 

"Yup" thats all she could say.

"We were just having fun" Jaemin says, smiling big, a bit of his pearly whites showing.

In that second Mae Hyo had her moment, the 'huh' moment, the type of moment that made her realize that, well, huh, he just said that.

"glad we cleared that, call the interns in" Mae Hyo says, as she tries to brush it off.

The four walked in, laughing with one another, and settling down.

"Welcome back Interns!" Mae Hyo says, jotting something down on the blackboard.

"Now that we've already discredited the first witness, and yes, I know you're curious so Jaemin will brief you on how we did that" Mae Hyo says, pointing at Jaemin, kind of in a way to give him the stage.

"I called up every optometrist covered by the witness's insurance and pretended to be a claims provider, easy peasy, then Mae Hyo did rest of it" Jaemin says, winking again.

A chorus of gasps were heard, "no way" "so that's how you did it!"

"Now its step three, introduce a new suspect, and we have one" Mae Hyo says, flicking towards the slides on the whiteboard.

"MinJun, he worked alongside Dae Ho"

"wait so is he a suspect?" Chenle asked, Kuan Lin and Bora nods, probably having the same question.

"well..no but we have to make him one" Mae Hyo says.

"How's that even possible?"

Mae Hyo glances at the interns, till she pointed her remote to chenle, "you."

Chenle sighed, internally of course, nothing was easy.

"You will attend a party, tonight, its near bankstown, the one opposite to the Avenue" Mae Hyo says, "There's a end of year party for all the departments, the choices are endless, get me something by tomorrow, anything on Minjun"

"wait,,,today? tonight?" Chenle asks, a bit hesitant about the whole task.

"yes, I believe that is what I said" Mae Hyo nods, sarcasm laced in her tone.

"I dont think I can today" Chenle cussed himself out, 'today'

"when then? when there is no party? come on Chenle, you pay me to have experience to your name, and you manage to never have any enthusiasm" Mae Hyo was annoyed, honestly, she couldnt even try to be nice at this point.

"fine, I'll do it" Chenle says, shrugging his shoulders.

"that being said, you have the next two hours to get me more on this case, use these new research files and brief me on them, dismissed" Mae Hyo slams the box jeno dropped the day before.

"Oh Bora, can I ask your help for something?" Mae Hyo stops the said girl, and dismissed the others, they spoke for a while and then had her leave too.

"seriously?" Jaemin says.

"what?"

"You asked Bora to attend the party earlier than Chenle? In secret too?"

Mae Hyo nods, " I dont know Jae, something doesn't feel right, its my gut, I can't trust him and my gut is always right"

"I'll die trying to understand your ways"