Joo Dee: I'm Joo Dee.

Aang: Why are you here?

Joo Dee: (pulling out leaflet) Dropping flyers and putting up posters isn't permitted within the city. Not without proper clearance.

Sokka: (annoyed) We can't wait around to get permission for everything.

Joo Dee: (cheerfully grinning) You are absolutely forbidden by the rules of the city to continue putting up posters.

Aang: (red faced and steaming with frustration, shouting) WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE RULES, AND WE'RE NOT ASKING PERMISSON!! (flails his arms in outrage, starts backing an alarmed Joo Dee out the front door) We're finding Appa on our own and you should just stay out of our way! (slams door shut)

Sokka: (thoughtfully) That might come back to bite us in the blubber.

Aang: (glaring at the door) I don't care. From now on we do whatever it takes to find Appa.

Toph: (raising arms in the air) YEAH! Let's break some rules!

(Toph turns and blasts out the nearest wall with earthbending.

Sokka brushing paste onto a stone wall, and plastering up an Appa Poster. In a narrow alley, Katara and Aang are pasting more of them up. Toph leans against the wall with arms crossed, near Sokka. Momo perches above their heads.)

Sokka: Well split up to cover more area. Toph, I
guess you should just come with me.

Toph: (peevishly)Why because you think I can't put up posters on my own?

(grabbing his brush, she slashes glue across the wall, then slams a poster against it, face down)

Toph: (dolefully) It's upside-down isn't it? I'll just go with Sokka. (she hands him back the brush, and they all split up)

(Cut to an open square, where Katara is affixing another poster to a stone plinth near a flowing water stream. Behind her, a familiar voice calls out.)

Jet: Katara?

(Jet is seen emerging from an alleyway at the edge of the square. Katara wheels around with a startled gasp, as Jet walks strides toward her.)

Jet: (smiling confidently) I think I can help you.

(Katara's shocked blush transforms into a look of pure outrage. With a sweep of her arms she bends up a pair of towering waves from the stream behind her, sending them crashing towards him.)

Jet: Katara! I've changed!

(Jet is overwhelmed by the tremendous cascade, and is swept backwards into the alleyway. Sliding into view, Katara draws a puddle up into a spinning sphere, ready to attack.)

Katara: Tell it to some other girl, Jet!

(Freezing the globe of water, she unleashes a barrage of ice spikes down the alley toward him. Whirling off-balance, Jet nonetheless manages to cut them out of the out of the air.)

Jet: I don't want to fight you! I'm here to help.

(Holding out his hook-swords, he drops them to the ground as Katara draws closer. She stops, not sure what to think. He reaches behind his back for something, and Katara pins him with a flurry of ice blades. Sokka, Toph and Aang come rushing up behind her.)

Sokka: Katara, what is it?

Katara: Jet's back.

_: (resolutely) We can't trust anything Jet says.

Sokka: But we don't even know why he's here.

Katara: (with a hostile tone) neither _ nor I care why he's here. Whatever the reason is, it can't be good.