010 | the night you came to me in a dream

You carefully selected a delicate white dress from your wardrobe, a perfect balance between elegant and casual, and your trusty pair of heels. You styled your hair as usual and applied some light and dewy makeup. You intended to appear beautiful without looking too overdressed, as you were unsure of the destination Bada had in mind.

There was a moment of indecisiveness as you debated whether to share a sneak peek of your look with Bada- however, you wanted to maintain an element of surprise, believing that the genuine reaction to your outfit would be more rewarding. After some thought, you decided to hold off on the photo, instead sending a text message to Bada.

"I am ready ˃ᴗ˂"

"Let me know when you are near my apartment hehe"

While eagerly awaiting Bada's response, you gathered all the essentials you would need and carefully placed them in your purse, making sure you did not forget your wallet.

"Oh, right"

"I am not going to make it."

"Sorry"

As her text message flashed across your screen, you could not help but scoff in response. The mixture of disappointment and frustration was almost too familiar, and you found yourself biting your lower lip to suppress the wave of emotions you felt.

You invested three hours getting ready for this outing, all in eager anticipation of your time with Bada. But now, all that effort seemed to be a waste, as she claimed she could not make it.

A torrent of thoughts raced through your mind- had everything she said to you been empty words and false promises? You could not help but wonder if you had, again, naively believed in something that had never truly existed.

"Just kidding, I am here, baby"

"Open the door"

The frustration you felt almost pushed you to curse at Bada. After gathering your composure, you snatched up your purse and walked purposefully toward the living room, a mix of anticipation burning within you.

With each step, your heart raced faster, not knowing what to expect upon opening the door. However, when you finally did it- there stood Bada, donned in a black outfit that exuded an aura of elegance and beauty so mesmerizing that it left you momentarily breathless. Her attire- tastefully chosen and perfectly complemented her figure. As you took in her appearance, you could not help but marvel at how breathtaking she looked, even in your state of frustration.

"First of all, you cannot just say things like that!" You exclaimed, needing to address Bada's potentially hurtful comment. However, the moment your eyes landed on her, your words softened. "Secondly, you look absolutely stunning, Bada."

Bada wrapped her arms around you, planting a small kiss atop your head. As she gently released you from the hug, she spun you around- her eyes scanning every angle of your outfit.

"Look at you, you're like a doll." She said, her smile genuine. "I apologize- I will not joke around like that anymore."

"Thank you so much." You expressed gratitude as you closed your door. "So, where are we headed?" You asked, your curiosity piqued.

Bada gently took your arm and intertwined her fingers with yours as you both made your way out of your building.

"You will see." She said with a mysterious smile, her thumb tracing small circles on the back of your hand. "It is a restaurant I really enjoy."

"Well, if you like it, I am sure I will love it." You replied, feeling a warm sense of connection as you walked hand in hand with her.