Chapter 15 ~ Never mind ~

Aomine was walking beside me, there was a small gap between us and we were both walking in silence.

I could feel the tension between us but I wanted to wait for him to speak, after all it probably wasn't a good look for him that his 'girlfriend' spent the whole night talking to one of his close friends, then ended up in his arms and didn't instinctively move away.

"You can't do that to me y/n" he suddenly speaks I can tell he was trying to be gentle but can still hear a hint of frustration in his voice.

"I'm sorry Aomine" I say right away knowing I should have done better.

He sighs as he stops walking, he turns to me, which makes me stop too. Before he's able to say something I speak.

"I want to tell him" I say before he gets to say anything.

"Huh?" He says now clearly annoyed.

"I want to tell Murisakibara at least, that we're not actually dating" I explain hoping he'll understand.

"What's wrong with you y/n, why?" He asks still annoyed.

"Because he won't talk to me again if I don't, it's going to be really awkward, you know him being Mai's cousin and all" I explain further.

He doesn't reply, I can see his tongue poking out of his cheek in annoyance. He sighs in frustration.

"Do whatever" he then says in his normal deep voice as he continues walking.

I continue walking behind him, we don't talk for the rest of the journey. When we end up outside my door he watches me go in, then walks away without saying anything.

I mentally scold myself for what I've said. But honestly I was having such a great time talking to Mai's cousin it would be a shame to ruin a potential friendship for a fake relationship. Hopefully he can still talk to me after knowing the truth.

I get into bed after the long day. Back to school on Monday I thought as I fall asleep.

*Monday morning at school*

"You want to see Murisakibara again? Why?" Mai asks confused as she closes her locker.

"I need to speak to him" I say trying to convince Mai to give me his number.

She she furrows her eyebrows and looks at me.

"Y/n I'm sorry, it doesn't make any sense for you to talk to him further. Do you want to make Aomine mad ?" She said still declining.

"He's not mad and he won't be, I can assure you" I reply as I close my locker door and head to class.

"Girl, did you see him at the party he was annoyed" she giggled as she followed.

"Really? He looked pretty normal to me" I say as I try and think back to last night.

"Regardless, there's no point in clearing things up with my cousin. Don't worry about him he'll be fine" she says as she walks into class.

The day flew by it was pretty normal stuff, I saw Aomine at break time but he didn't come and sit with me, which people found kind of weird and started gossiping about it. Whatever at this point.

Then came our last class of the day, PE. I was dreading this time of day, I figured I should call in sick and go home, but then Mai would be on her own and I can't do that to her.

"We'll be fine Y/n just ignore Hanae and get through the lesson" Mai says.

"Yeah Mai easier said than done, now that she knows I'm dating Aomine I need to keep my guard up at all times" I reply as I walk into the hall.