Chapter 19

"Virat my dad... is actually...."

When manvi was about to tell him the truth there was a power cut, and there was a loud noise and everything turned black all of a sudden. Manvi screamed covering her ears with both of her hands because she's scared of darkness. Virat got worried for her because he never saw her this scared even though there was no light he could sense it. He quickly got up and hugged her tightly. He kept patting her back and kept her head on his chest. Manvi hugged him tightly and started sobbing.

"Shhh.... Hey, stop crying. Nothing will happen to you, I'm here. I will never let anything happen to you.... Nothing happened. I'm here Okayy."

He helped her to get up and he decided to leave the café. It was dark inside because it was a private area, which was way inside the café. They got out of the café, and since it was daytime, Manvi started feeling better. Virat made her sit on a bench and made her drink some water. She stop sobbing after while. He didn't say anything just held her hands the whole time. After a while, manvi started to speak...

" I'm sorry... it was very awkward I guess. I'm actually really scared of darkness. I get breathing problems and feel uneasy. I have some bad memories with darkness. So sorry for making you worried. I'm fine now. Thank you so much virat for staying with me and not judging me."

" hey... are you an idiot? I will never judge you. Why would I? Everyone deals with such things at one point of their life. It's a part of our life it's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm glad that I was with you and stop saying sorry for so many times. Am I a stranger to you? Am I not your boyfriend?"

Manvi got shy when he mentioned the word, boyfriend. She knew they were official but everything still makes her shy and blush. This is so new to her.
Manvi knew this wasn't the time to get shy. So she got herself together and spoke. ...

" I didn't mean it that way. I just felt a bit awkward. If you know, this is really new to me. A guy caring for me which never happened before. I'm just thankful and I'm just really... umm shy, and kind of embarrassed of the situation. I've never show my recital anyone, so it's just really new to me. I hope you understand. My intention was never to hurt you. I am really thankful and proud that we are a couple now. I really am." - she smiled while holding his hand.

" I'm also grateful to have you in my life and I can't thank God enough for sending you in my life. I love you so much manvi."

He planned it a gentle kiss on her forehead and caressed her hair.

" I think today was enough for you. Come, let me drop you home."

Manvi freaked out when he wanted to drop her home. Because he would know her reality. She didn't want him to find out this way. She wanted to tell him and explain why she did that.

"N...no sir... i mean virat... I will manage you don't have to worry. I'm fine now. Everyone need to be in the office at this time I guess. If you go with me, then who will be at the office? You were needed her more than here."

" nothing is more important than you manvi. There's no way I'm letting you go home alone. Come on, let me drop you."

Manvi didn't know what to say anymore. She doesn't want him to find it like this. She got worried instead of fidgeting her fingers.

Suddenly virat got a call from his mom and he got shocked by what he heard.

"Virat come home faster. Something happened to your mom. Please jaldi ghar aaja beta."

"Dad? Hello-"

"What happened virat? Did something happen?"

"I need to go home manvi. Dad sounded so worried and said something happened to mom."

"What? Oh my god! Virat i wanna go with you as well."

"No manvi, you should go home. It's really late now."

"I don't care. I can't leave you alone during this moment."

"Manvi please listen to me and go home. I'll drop you home first."

"You need to be with aunty and not with me. Since you're being so stubborn I'll go home alone. I'll be fine. Please go home faster and call me & inform me about the situation. I hope it's nothing serious."

"Hmm... okay. Text me when you reach home."

He cups her face and kisses her cheek before leaving.

"God please, i hope everything is alright there." - manvi says to herself.

She got saved again from letting virat know about her identity. She isn't ready and confused about how to even tell this thing to him.

"I'll make sure to tell him everything tomorrow for sure if things go smoothly"

At Vadhera Mansion:

"Dad? Where is Mom? Where are you even at? Why is it so dark here?"

The house was totally dark which made him confused. He was sick worried for his mom but couldn't see anything.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Everyone screamed and the lights were on. There was his parents & tina standing with balloons in their hands and with a decorated hall. He was shocked by this.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIRAT!!!"

They said in union. Virat had a huge smile on his face but was a bit angry at them as well.

"You guys lied to me about mom to surprise me? Meri toh jaan hi nikal gayi thi. I was so worried for mom. I'm not talking to you guys now hmp!!!"

He crossed his arms on his chest facing his back to them. He was smiling at himself but acting as if he was annoyed & anrgy.

"Areyy virat, mere puttar, gussa kyu hota hai? Today is your birthday and we wanted to surprise you. All is fair in love and war. And this is our love for you."

His dad hugged him which made him smile and forget about his anger.

"Happy birthday beta, i hope you live longer and a healthy life"

"Thank you mom"

"Happy happy happy birthday virat. Tu ek saal aur buddha ho gaya hai."

"Haha buddhi hogi tu."

"Hawwww." -Tina placed her hands on her waist and had an amused expression with her eyes growing big.

"Hawww" - virat mimicked her laughing at her face which made everyone laugh at their silliness.

"Ok ok no more teasing. But seriously thank you tina, for making me laugh every time i was sad, for always being there for me. I'm really grateful to have a friend like you."

"Accha... ab dost ko thanks bolta hai? Chal tu bhi kya yaad rakhega, Tina jaisi friend milna hi bahot badi baat hai." - she teased him by lifting her shirt's collar with a smug face.

"Okay okay now enough teasing. Let's cut the cake now."

"Okay aunty"

They lit up the candles and sang happy birthday to him. He fed his parents and was about to feed tina when...

Ting!!!

Virat got a message and put the cake slice on the table and excused himself. As he went to a corner to check. But someone was hurt by this and it was none other than Tina. She didn't like how he didn't feed her and ignored her for a sudden message. She wasn't sure who it was but her first guess was....

"Manvi" - she whispered with a sulked face.