Chapter 16 (b)

~ Third Person's POV ~

Hearing a voice behind her, Manvi stood still in her position. She couldn't move as she knew who the owner of that voice was.

Virat came in front of her seeing her not moving at all. He smiled seeing her silliness. Well he was actually ready to face a Tomato red manvi in the office as he knew how silly his girl was.

Wait did he just say his girl?

Well Mr. Virat, you haven't still asked her out. So he's not your girl yet, practically at least.

"Kya hua? Tum mujhe dekh kar itne shock mein kyu ho? Were you expecting someone else?"

Manvi was kinda surprised seeing him talking normally as if nothing had happened the previous night. Was she hallucinating those moments? Or it actually happened? Or he's just doing this to tease her?

"Shock? Na... nahi toh. I was j...just wondering about something so it's normal to get startled. And also it's my cabin so I was obviously not expecting someone else here."

"Oh! So I'm just someone to you? Besides why r u stuttering so much? Did something happen last night?

He stretched the words last night purposely just to tease her a bit more.

There manvi was getting embarrassed as she heard him say those words like that. She just wanted this conversation to end cause she was already frustrated thinking about her own feelings about him.

"H... How would I know? You're the one who's supposed to know that. Besides I'm..I'm not stu.. stuttering. I've cold. Yeah! I've cold so that's why maybe I'm sou...sounding like that."

"Yeah yeah I can see that you're not stuttering😏 BTW did something happen last night that I'm supposed to remember?"

(No. U can't be like that Mr. Virat Freaking Vadhera. How could you not remember what happened. Wait, didn't it mean anything to him? Was I also just any girl to him? As far as I remember we kissed. Damn! It was my first kiss. This handsome bastard stole it from me. It may not be special to him but.... It's very special to me. Especially after realizing my feelings for him last night I can't deny it anymore.) - manvi thought

"You don't remember it?"

"Umm... What do u mean by it? This it can mean a lot of things u know?

"Do u remember we danced yesterday?"

"Of course I do. I don't have a disease of forgetting things" - he said sarcastically.

(Yeah, I can see how u remember things. U idiot don't even remember our moments and you're saying this now?) - manvi thought.

"Don't you remember what happened after that dance?"

"Well... Lemme think. Oh! Yeah. I met some of my friends there."

(What the hell!!! Those hair of yours are precious to u right? I wanna rip them off of your head at this moment) - manvi fumed internally.

"Sir, don't you remember what happened after that?" - manvi said gritting her teeth.

Virat was having a hard time suppressing his laugh in front of her. Seeing her getting pissed was a treat to him.

"Umm... we went to our respective homes after that I guess? Who wants to remember non-important things anyways."

Now manvi was pissed and disheartened at the same time. All she wanted was confirmation that he actually loved her as he said last night. It wasn't too much to ask. But it didn't matter as he didn't remember anything. She didn't realize that he was purposely doing that to tease her because she thought it was as special to him as it was to her.

(So it didn't mean anything to him. You stupid manvi, how could you even think it would matter to him anyways. It's nothing to him. It's a regular thing for him. Come out of your dreams you idiot, get the reality check.) - manvi said to herself in her mind.

Getting the reality check she felt stupid for getting her hopes high that she would finally get someone who would love her like no one, who would cherish her and make her feel special by doing lil things. But all that crashed in seconds as it meant nothing to him and everything to her.

Unknowingly Manvi's eyes welled up thinking about all those. Her lips started quivering. These weren't unnoticed by virat. He regretted instantly for doing that to her, for making her cry. He was guilty.

Stepping forward he cupped her face gently and tilted her head upwards making eye contact with her. He looked straight into her teary eyes. He could see the love & hurt there. He had never seen someone this pure and innocent for whom little things mattered so much. Little things could make her the happiest person in this world and then little things that could hurt her beyond anything.

Pulling her face a bit closer he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead making her gasp in shock.

Manvi was beyond shocked. She just didn't understand this man and his actions. He behaves so lovey dovey and then all of a sudden he becomes super ignorant. She just didn't understand him at all.

"I don't understand you at all. One moment you make me feel like the happiest person to exist on earth and the next moment you crash all of my dreams. Who are you to me? And why are you like that?" Manvi whispered looking at him.

Virat smiled softly hearing her. He very well knew what he was gonna do next which will make her even more shocked.

"You wanna know who I am to you?"

Manvi nodded her head like a small child.

"Well, they say actions speak louder than words. Then let my actions speak today. And if u still have doubts then let's just say you're dumb"

Before manvi could get offended by his last word she a pair of warm lips on her own soft ones making her gasp loudly.

I stopped at such a nice moment, right?😁🤣 Yayyy!!! I can't believe I updated so quickly. It doesn't feel like me at all🥴 but yeah it wasn't a planner chapter. And I had so many work to do but I thought of updating for you guys leaving all my work for tomorrow🥺 hope y'all liked this chapter. If u did don't forget to vote and comment what you think will happen❤️

Hope y'all had a great day. Stay safe & take love🤗