"Thank you, Mankey use Low Kick!" He commanded.

Mankey jumped into the air and his foot glowed white.

"Dodge it!" I shouted as Pikachu jumped to the side just in time. "Attack back with Quick Attack!"

Pikachu saw the opportunity and rammed into the side of Mankey, crashing him into some trees in the distance.

"Mankey fight back with Fury Swipes!" He shouted as Mankey leaped from the trees and swiped his arm towards Pikachu, sending a white glowing, claw-marked attack to him.

Pikachu couldn't dodge and was pushed into the ground with the force of Fury Swipes. I knew Pikachu would be okay so I went straight for another attack as Mankey was landing back on the ground.

"Pikachu use the new move we learnt, Charge Beam!" I commanded, Pikachu was quick to his feet.

He was surrounded by an electricity shield and sprinted towards the landing Mankey. It was a direct hit, he was sent back to the tree he had just come from.

"Are you okay Mankey?" He shouted but it was useless as Mankey was unconscious.

"Nice one Pikachu," I said, giving him a high five.

"But that doesn't make any sense, I've been training for months, I've already beaten 3 gyms, how did you beat me so easily?" He asked me in genuine desperation to know.

"It was all Pikachu, not me, I guess he's quite strong after all," I told him as I gave Pikachu a ruffle on the head.

"Yeah I guess so, I'm sorry for calling him a weakling earlier, I was clearly wrong," He said before saying goodbye and leaving.

"He's taken out three gyms? Maybe they're not as difficult as I thought," I said to Pikachu as he nodded his head.

We continued down the path to find more pokemon. It was a good half hour before anything exciting happened.

"I don't think we're gonna find any pokemon we want Pikachu," I said to him.

"Pika," He agreed.

"Let's turn ba-," I said before getting something thrown in front of us.

I looked to the tree beside me and it was fluffy like a Froakies frubbles. I wondered what it came from and my thoughts were answered. Stood in front of me appeared a wild Froakie. He didn't waste time and said something to Pikachu which riled him up for a battle.

"Well that was quick, Pikachu, use Charge Beam!" I commanded.

Pikachu launched himself in his electricity shield towards Froakie. Froakie waited until he was close and then made his move. When Pikachu got close, Froakie's hand glowed white and he punched Pikachu's chin, sending him flying into the air. Froakie then jumped up and pounded him to the ground, following with a Water Pulse. A Pikachu sized hole was created in the ground as he laid in it.

"Are you okay Pikachu?" I asked him.

"P-Pika," He replied, probably half concussed already.

"Fight back with Charge Beam again!" I commanded.

Pikachu got up and struck Froakie while he was landing back on his feet, sending him back to where he started. He didn't take the hit lightly. He pounced back up with Quick Attack.

"Dodge it and use charge Beam again!" I shouted as Pikachu followed.

He jumped to the side and flung himself back towards Froakie, just missing him as he jumped.

"Now use Quick Attack running along the trees!" I commanded.

Because of Pikachu's previous Charge Beams he was a lot faster now. He sprinted round the trees, confusing Froakie. He jumped from the trees to hit Froakie before running around the trees again. After a few hits Froakie used his frubbles to stop Pikachu in his tracks. Froakie used Water Pulse on Pikachu for a direct hit. Froakie prepared himself for the final blow as his fist grew with a white glow.