Chapter 23

*Melody Pov*

I walked inside his chamber and saw that he is already asleep. With a sigh I carefully walked near his bed and lay down beside him.

Taking a hold of his hand which was on my pillow I made him hold me. Hearing his breathing I know for a surety that he is fully awake.

"I know you are not sleeping. But hear me completely." I said holding his hand.

"I was about to inform you about everything but you had to leave the Kingdom. I thought of doing it after you return.. but you already knew when you did." I uttered hoping he will understand a little.

When he removed his hand from my hold and turned his back to my sight, I gave up from trying anymore. I have been doing the same for few days but he is still upset and angry.

Today I didn't even waited for him to drift off and walked inside my room leaving his chamber hoping he will get the message that I give up.

"Until when?" Amy asked choosing a gown for the day.

"I do not know." I replied feeling uncomfortable in my breathing.

"For how many days?" She asked again.

"I do not.. Amy." I called for her.

"Melody! What happened?" She questioned rushing towards me.

"Go to the infirmary and bring me the herb I asked you to bring me last week but in little more quantity." I replied and she rushed out of my room nodding.

I calmly waited for her to return trying to soothe my burning in the throat.

*Kendrick Pov*

"For how many days are you going to stay mad at her?" Juan asked when we are leaving the library and started walking towards the garden to discuss regarding whether the security orders have been following with no mistakes.

"I do not know!" I replied.

"Don't you think during this time you actually need to be near her?" He asked.

"I know! But all I want to do was lash out on her for not sharing it so I am staying away to not hurt her with my words." I replied.

"But still..." He started say but abruptly stopped when we saw Amy rushing from Melody's room and entered the infirmary.

We both walked inside to stare her asking about some herb and Bess gave her that hurriedly. Then pushing past us Amy rushed to Melody's room.

"What happened to her?" I asked Bess.

"She must have been feeling uncomfortable and also little burning in her throat." Bess replied.

"So you gave her the herb?" I asked her frowning.

"Yeah! I understood the problem when Amy asked for that particular herb like suggested by Queen." Bess replied.

"What do you mean by that Bess? You are the healer and you need to suggest the appropriate herb but why is she suggesting herself?" I asked her fully confused.

"She.. she never let me treat her. She just asks Amy for the herbs and I give her that." Bess replied looking down.

"What in the devils name are you saying Bess? How can you let her take all those medicines without checking her condition? How could she not let you?" I questioned her in rage.

"I do not blame her. I was rude to her when she entered the Kingdom and I didn't try to mend the differences after that." Bess replied making me understand her.

"This is not just about her life. What about our child she is risking? I need to talk to her." Uttering them I rushed to Melody's room with Juan and Bess on my trails.

When I opened the door without proper knocking I saw her trying to lie down and there is no discomfort on her face.

"How could you do this Melody? I know you do not trust everyone but you shouldn't have rejected Bess help and do everything on your own which would have been threat full to you and our child." I questioned her not lowering my voice.

"I know what I need to do to protect our Child and I will never let anything harm it." She replied calmly which increased my rage.

"But it doesn't look to me like that. You are hell bent to show us that you do not trust us and not caring whether it will hurt us or not. What do you even know about all the medicines that you ignored Bess help?" I shouted at her.

She glanced at me with hurt but today I am stopping myself from going near her to console. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and then opened them with plain look.

"I know more than enough and three other people in this room can give that word to you. Amy! Tell him whether I know how to deal with the medicines." She asked Amy and Amy nodded still stunned glancing at me.

"Juan! Didn't your wounds healed father than normal?" She questioned Juan and Juan nodded.

"Bess! Did you ever have a doubt that I was asking for the wrong herb and medicine until now?" She questioned Bess which surprised me.

"No! Actually I learned new things from the way you are asking for them and after knowing the symptoms due to which you asked them." Bess replied.

Then looking at me she added "She even told me her fears and apologized before doing all this."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I asked Bess in utter shock.

"You did not give me a chance to tell you everything fully." Bess replied.

I glanced at Melody to apologize to her but she glanced at us saying "That is not a surprise. And can you all leave my room I need to rest a little."

They all nodded leaving her room in a flash but I left reluctantly. That day in the night I waited thinking she will come like everyday but she didn't.

And the fault is again mine. With fear that something bad may happen to her I took my anger on her covering my fear. Tomorrow I will have a complete normal conversation with her and clear our differences.

I closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep after fidgeting for a long time like yesterday.

I woke up suddenly hearing loud knocks on my door. I glanced outside to see it is already morning.

I opened the door to see Juan standing before my door with panic expression.

"She is fine right?" I asked him immediately.

"She has gone into labor." He replied making my eyes go wide.

Already? But this is little soon isn't it? Then that thought passed away as I heard someone giving a birth not even when the tenure is not completed.

"Who is assisting her?" I asked him wearing my chemise.

"Amy and Bess are assisting her." He replied and I immediately walked outside my room standing infront of her room while he went to inform my Parents.

Please be safe......

——————————————

Guys i know i didnt change the pic. Today i lost all the data regarding the stories and also the photos so i may not able to change it soon... They are king and queen but not future....

Waiting for Kendrick to fall hard? Well next chap it is....

child boy or girl??

How is this chap?

Comment plz and vote........