8. An Actress

"I don't know what your talking about, but your wrong! And if it is true, have you ever thought about how you treat me!? Have you? Have you?! Answer me!" Sammy yelled at me, pointing and jabbing, and face making. The inflation of her voice was perfect, she could be an actress. She could and I'm sure of it, she could.

I sit in my chair smiling like a goon, getting ready to burst.
"So, how was it?" Sammy asks with slight urgency, her demeanor changed to that of a raccoon.
"It was good, great actually." I tell her with a watered down honesty.
"Good, good. So could I be an actress? A real live one?" She's hopeful.

"Sammy, your my best friend so when I say this I mean it most lovingly and without bias (which is a major contradiction, but), you could definitely be an actress. You, you have it all."

She looked at me with the same expression for a couple of seconds then her face snapped as she jumped up and lunged at me, grinning and squealing.

    She pulled back and twirled, taking a deep breath, she said, "I was talking to Marcuss about school and that you want me to do well so I can have more opportunity to do something with myself after high school." As she said this she was avoiding my eyes and moving her hands around and I thought, she was talking to Marcuss? Then she looked up at me, About me?
    She continues, "He was giving me ideas then he came up with the best one. To be an actress! He told me to try it out on one of his old scripts. So I did, and he said that I might be good, and to ask people close to me to watch me while he gets an audition on the way for me!" She was excited now and smiling again, "Isn't this just soooo exciting?"

    She wants my approval.
What I said was, "Your listening to Marcuss? Muddy Marcuss?"

    "Yeah. It's not a problem, is it?

    "No, I'm just surprised. But make sure that your not only relying on this, it might fall through, or take a long time. I think you have what it takes, but be careful. Please?" Just don't get hurt.

    "Ya, I will. I'll be careful and I'll still work in school, I won't give it up. Don't worry too much." Good, I wouldn't want her to have no other options.

    Sammy went home a couple minutes after, she ate a more than 'slightly' green banana and drank some orange juice. I gave her some gas money and she left.

    My parents have eaten all the breakfast I made a few days ago so tonight is turkey night. Every big breakfast I make is eaten after about a week and once it's all gone, I make thanksgiving dinner. A smaller version, and not during thanksgiving, just turkey and ham and potatoes and casseroles and pie.

Since I was little I have been cooking. It was never anything my parents taught me or encouraged, in fact they would shoe Danny and I out of the kitchen when "the pans are on!!" And never allow me into the kitchen to make anything for my self until I was 9 and a half. Although even when I was 5 I would sneak in and mess around with food, you could call me a chef, if only my food was art.
It's not. It's good. But not art.

Tonight is turkey night and my parents are gone, they have some kind of convention in two days and left this morning for a two day long date. They will be back two days after the convention, meaning they will be taking a second two day long date with one day of 'working' in between both dates.

    So turkey night will be different than what I'm used to. I might even have to host a no notice party. Either way I'm still making turkey and ham and potatoes and casseroles and it is happening tonight.

;;;;;;;

    It's almost dark when the first door bell ring of Turkey night sounds through the house. I run to the door, three people are there.
    "Manny, Ava. Glad that your here, your the first to show." I step aside to let them in and show them the coat rack, they say nothing, just nod.