Elsa’s eyes narrowed and shook her head a little before she turned to face him again.

“We’re having a baby.” Josh  went quiet. Dead quiet and he was like that for a while. This was the longest I have ever seen him silent. I frowned, wondering why the fuck he was being this quiet about the news.

As if he read my thoughts, he suddenly jumped forward and embraced her tightly and lifting her in the process as he yelled out in happiness. I had to stop myself from grabbing her out of his arms and remind myself that it was just Josh . Arianna had gotten pissed at me and said my possessiveness knew no boundaries when I got annoyed that Dante  hugged her. Brother or not, I didn’t like other men touching her.

“Holy shit, you’re going to be parents!” He said when he let go of her, barely believing the news.

“Congrats, man! I’m really happy for you.” He slapped my back to congratulate me. Then he went back to her mother and put his arm around her shoulders. Jessica  took a deep breath as it was obvious she was done dealing with his shit today.

“Can you believe our daughter is going to have a baby?” Josh smiled big at her. She rolled her eyes and tried to get away but he held her firmly.

“If you don’t let go of me right now, I will smack you.”

“La mia bella rosa, you know me so well already. I like to be smacked.” He wiggled his brows, making me close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose. I had no idea what his game was but he told me to trust him when he came. He better have a good plan for all the shit he was doing and it wasn’t him trying to flirt with her.

“Oh, my God, Josh! Stop being disgusting and leave my mom alone!” Elsa  went over to him, coming to her mother’s rescue, and pushed him away. Arianna came to stand next to me as Josh continued to annoy the shit out of them, chasing them away from us.

I looked at Dante, signaling him to follow them with Tessa  to leave us alone.

“What did you find out?” I asked once they were out of. hearing distance.

“Turns out her parents had an arranged marriage. She got  married off as her father didn’t have a male heir to take over, which you know what that means.” I nodded as we walked slowly..

Her grandfather from her mother’s side was some kind of a mob boss too, meaning she knew this world way better than I thought she did. I had briefly read the file of Elsa ’s family history on her mother’s side the moment I learned she was alive. However, since they were a small family and all were deceased, I had no interest in them as they weren’t a threat.

“She admitted they never loved each other but had to make it work for the sake of their families.”

“I see. Anything else?” I looked at her when she hesitated, making me frown.

“What is it?”

“… Elsa  knows you were engaged.” My body tensed as I turned to look at her. The rage within me boiled at what she said.

“Did you fucking tell her?” I growled out as I clenched my fists.

“Do you take me for an idiot?! I was just as surprised as you are!” Arianna hissed out.

“How does she know? Does she know anything else?” My breathing was coming out faster as I looked at her. I was trying to calm down my anger but knowing Elsa  knew about that part of my life made it difficult.

“I don’t know… She caught me off guard and I had to be careful because she started to get suspicious. She’s getting good at it, by the way.” She slightly nodded, impressed.