❦Truth or Drink

Start from the beginning

After her brief pausing she continued "that's who me and Diah went to go skating with, along with her friends but we just going to the beach with Tiana and Kendra and also remember that project I told you I had, I was partnered with Dakota" Nadalia was proud to have been a little more honest, she hated lying to her parents.

Her mother hummed and nodded at the told information "well I'd like to meet Dakota being that she's around you so much" Dalia swallowed as she gave a tight nod. How would she even introduce the two wouldn't that be weird?

"I'm sure she's a good one babe, no need to make any arrangements whenever she wants to come around or you want to do something with her just make sure you tell her to pop in with introductions and such" her dad spoke seeing as his daughter displayed an expression of discomfort. He didn't want her to feel as she she was in any trouble or as if she was being treated as a kid.

"Okay got it" Dalia replied as she began to finish her plate while falling into mindless conversation with the older couple.

<33

It was now 9:10 and my mom had already gone to work while my dad went to go hang out with some friends at the bar. While I was getting an outfit out for today's activity I thought back last night to my conversation with Niylah. Instead of going back and forth through text she had decided to call me which was much better.

"Yeah she just left not too long ago" I was now putting on my sleep clothes.

"Look at you on a roll what y'all got into" Niy replied with enthusiasm clear in her tone to which made me groan.

"Nothing just our project and talk" I was being short on details but Niylah would've loved them and made it play into my undeniable struggle.

"Well damn it seems y'all do a lot of talking seem like regular friendship shit" she stated while I heard talking In the back.

"It don't feel like that, who are you with" I hope it wasn't Indiah.

"Just Jada, but don't worry you not on speaker or anything" it was more talking that I couldn't quite hear before I heard Niylah's voice again "calm down it's just Nadalia.. Jada said hey".

"Tell her I said hey" I said back while I heard her deliver my message "hey how long did you know Jada before things started to get more.. I guess emotionally involved" I asked. I feel like one of the things I'm struggling with is not understanding what switched from friendship vibes to whatever the fuck I'm feeling now so quickly.

I heard movement for a while before I heard Niylah's voice,

                   "okay I'm in my room now but Jada was on me when she first saw me, I knew It but I wasn't giving her the time of day I was playing hard because I wanted her to know I wouldn't flock to her like them other bitches but I started feeling emotions for her in a month but it's different for everyone especially when circumstances are different.

I took in her words and thought to myself more about it "Niylah I think I like Dakota" I said in a hushed tone, feeling my heart speed and my eyes sting. I didn't want to feel those ways for Dakota. I enjoyed her as a person and a friend and I hate how all of a sudden In all my eighteen years of life I've never felt these things for someone till now, why her, why now, why not for a boy?

It was silent for a minute before I heard a soft sigh,

              "and that's okay honey nobody can control their feelings and it's normal not taboo okay?" She spoke to me and I nodded even though she couldn't see me.