BONUS CHAPTER #1

--Alaric POV--

"You look pretty today, mama." Bella complimented.

"She always looks pretty," Callista shot back, side-eying her older triplet.

"Don't go for too long or I'm going to miss you," Adrian informed, hugging her the tightest as my wife laughed, hugging him back just as tight as she showered all their heads with loving kisses.

"Alright, Mi Amor, let's go." I leaned down, kissing each and every one of their heads before ruffling their hair, and taking Ines's hand as I helped her stand back up, linking her arm through mine as we turned to leave the house.

Halcyon and Marin agreed to look after the twins today as they usually did when Ines and I both had to be away at the same time, and today was no different with the awards show we're going to attend.

"Bye!" They all waved us off as we got into the back of the limo.

"Don't be too naughty. I've got the camera's functioning perfectly well so I can keep my eye on you." I pointed as they giggled, nodding their heads just as the valet shut the door, and we were off a moment later.

"You're such a protective mother," I joked, kissing along her knuckles.

"I don't want to hear that from you. Remember last time when you had the CCTV on your phone the whole time at the awards show to keep an eye on them. People are still talking about how protective of a father you are." She narrowed her eyes as I raised my arms in surrender.

"I'm a worrying father, and those girls of ours are mischievous, and our son is always getting roped in along with them."

"You're not wrong there. I wonder who they get it from?" She chuckled, her head falling to rest on my shoulder as I kissed her forehead, laughing with her.

"You, of course. I wasn't that mischievous as a child." I stated.

"But you are as an adult." She had a point.

"50/50 let's say." I gave in, and she laughed, her arm wrapped around my own as her head tilted to face me, and I leaned down, kissing her lips.

I've missed this, being alone with her. Despite how much I loved our family and wouldn't dream of giving them up for the world, we had somehow, unexpectedly been gifted with not one child or two, but three all at once. Parenthood came to me like a storm, and I had no idea if what I was doing was right or wrong, but seeing how happy our kids are, I must be doing something right. But even then, we were so busy being parents that we've not had nearly as much time with each other as we used to, and I was missing it.

But she was an amazing mother, and our children loved her, especially Adrian who couldn't go more than a few hours without her. And she loved them too, but I could see how tired she was.

That's why today, I pulled some strings with Halcyon and Marin, and negotiated with the kids to give Ines a day off so that it would be just us for the rest of the day after the awards show.

"We've arrived." The driver announced, but with all the screaming and flashing lights that could have been heard from miles away, there was no need for the announcement.

"Ready, darling?" I asked, getting ready to step out first as the driver walked around the car to come and open the door for us, the security guards standing near the fences to keep the raging fans and reporters at bay.

"Of course, I've done this quite a lot by now. I'm basically a professional." She laughed as I smirked, leaning in to steal one quick kiss just as the door opened, and before I could pull away, pictures had already started being taken.