The Final Word (Volume 8 Finale)

Start from the beginning

Winter and Oscar charge at Ironwood atop a Manticore summon, courtesy of the former. Ironwood is able to stop the Manticore by grabbing its horns, but its riders leap off. Winter hits the general in the back with icy projectiles as he slams her summon on the ground, destroying it. Upon landing, Winter summons a black glyph, which catches Oscar and propels him back at Ironwood. The boy unleashes a flurry of jabs at Ironwood's front, causing his Aura to shimmer.

Ironwood stumbles back, and Oscar presses on. However, the general catches his cane and prepares to attack with his free hand. Then, moving too fast for him to react, Winter slashes him across the chest with her sword, causing his Aura to dissipate. Ironwood's eyes roll into the back of his head, and he collapses.

Winter sheathes her weapon, and straightens up. Emerald shimmers back into view again, hands Winter the weapon Ironwood dropped, and has the bolas taken off her wrists.

Winter: "Go! Move to phase two."

Oscar, Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Emerald hurry into the academy.

*Flashback*

Teams RWBY, AVRN, JNR, and Penny sit together on the ground in front of Schnee manor. Emerald and Oscar stand behind Jaune.

Jaune: "We've been so worried about keeping the Vault closed that we never considered using what's inside."

Oscar: "The Staff of Creation."

Ruby: "Maybe we could use it to save Penny and get everyone in Atlas and Mantle back to safety."

Willow, Whitley and Klein are seen standing in the manor's entrance as Weiss's Scroll beeps. Weiss checks on her Scroll.

Weiss: "Well, you'll never guess who I just heard from."

The group has reconvened in the manor's dining room. Jaune has a hand on Penny's shoulder and is staving off the virus by boosting her Aura.

Azure: "So we've got people trapped in Atlas and Mantle that we can't evacuate unless we use the Staff which is located inside the Vault."

Rosa: "If we open the Vault, Penny terminates. If Ironwood gets wind of any of this, he blows up Mantle."

Vert: "There's something else to consider. Once the Staff creates anything else, the city drops."

Nero: "Atlas has enough natural Gravity Dust to keep it from plummeting immediately, but, well, nobody's going to want to be around when it touches down."

Jaune stops using his Semblance.

Jaune: "Okay, then let's use the Staff to teleport everyone to safety. Maybe even to another Kingdom."

Oscar: "We can't just wave it like a magic wand and make our problems go away. And we haven't even told you about... him."

Yang: "Who?"

Oscar's eyes glow as control of his body is switched to Ozpin.

Ozpin: "The spirit in the Staff. Like Jinn, but, well, he's a character. He can build you anything, but only if you can explain to him how. Like any craftsman, he'll need blueprints. Some sort of reference. It'll help if we have real world examples to show him."