All You Need (c!Schlatt)

#Schlattsimp #buticouldntjustmakethisanormalrelationship #iwrotethisinlikeanhour

tw: stockholm syndrome ig?, choking

You stood next to your brothers, watching Schlatt give his speech up on the tall structure. You kept your arms crossed over your chest, smiling up at him. You were technically supposed to be up there with him, standing off to the side as his right hand man, but you wanted to be with your two brothers on the ground below, congratulating them on the race well run.

"My first decree, as president of L'manburg," Schlatt announced, "the EMPEROR of this great country, is to REVOKE the citizenship-" You started to wonder what he was talking about. This was not in his planned script, was it? "-OF WILBUR SOOT AND TOMMYINNIT!!"
You felt your stomach drop as your face paled. You slowly turned to your brothers, who looked the same as you felt. Horrified.

Tommy looked at you abruptly, tears in his eyes. "You fucking knew about this, didn't you!" He hissed, giving you the most painful glare you've ever experienced in your life.

Your eyes widened. "I- no! This wasn't in his original script!" You tried to defend yourself, the looks your two brothers were giving you felt like a sword going through your stomach.

At least Wilbur wasn't glaring at you as badly as Tommy was.

"Will? You believe me, don't you? I didn't know Schlatt was going to-" You started, but Wilbur looked away, wounded.

"Wilbur?" You said quietly, your voice breaking. "Please-"

"Come on Tommy, we'd better get out of here before someone makes us," Wilbur muttered, taking Tommy's hand and turning, walking away from you, through the crowd.

"Will! Tommy!" You shouted, your voice cracking again, about to run after them, but were stopped when someone grabbed your arm.

You didn't even bother looking back at who grabbed you, instead struggling against their strong grip, trying to get to your brothers. "Let go of me, you fucker! Guys wait!!" You screamed, your eyes welling up with tears.

The person holding onto your arm started pulling you in the opposite direction, and you choked back a sob, finally turning around to see who was holding you.

"Stop struggling, you're making a scene," Schlatt sighed as he dragged you behind him.

"Schlatt?" You asked quietly. "What- why did you-"

He sighed again, "Look, I'm taking you somewhere we can talk about this in private, because if you haven't noticed, people are staring."

You stopped pulling against Schlatt, finally looking around you. Sure enough, most of the people that made up the crowd were staring at you like you were a nutcase.

You gritted your teeth, pushing back your emotion and stood up straight, following Schlatt well enough that he wasn't pulling you anymore.

Schlatt closed the door to his office while you stood behind him, crossing your arms again, but this time it was so you could keep your emotions stuck in your chest.

"Why did you exile them?" You asked coldly. "You didn't need to."

"Yeah, I did," Schlatt deadpanned, his back to you. "They presented a threat to my position of power, so I eliminated that threat."

"You know they're going to do all they can to dethrone you now? All you've done is given them more of a motive to wreck you!" You half-shouted.

Schlatt turned around, his glare would have hurt you this morning, but now it couldn't even hold a candle to Tommy's. "You're my right hand man, right?"