The Darkness

The moment you made sure Hikaru was sleeping peacefully already, you broke down once again, letting the vulnerable side of yours uncover, hoping it would lessen your anxiety and pain.

Maybe this is the right time to face everything after the years of fear you might see him somewhere. How would you fight for Hikaru if you were too afraid to face him? You have spent all these years blaming yourself for your marriage's downfall.

You lost Satoru because you didn't put up a fight and you don't have a voice. He slipped away because your feelings for him might not be strong enough to hold on to him or maybe you are simply weak. You were weak because you let other people take advantage of you. Fear has overcome you once again because this weakness might be a reason you will lose your ray of hope, the sunshine after your rain, your light — Hikaru.

At the very bottom of your side table is a box full of memories of the past that you wanted to throw away but you don't have the heart to. Whether you like it or not, Satoru made you happy. He brought you to places and he was your first. First crush, first love, first boyfriend, and your first kiss almost all your firsts in a relationship, he is the one even the painful ones.

You two were the happiest ever. The people around you often tease you for being in your little worlds and how you made everyone jealous around you for being so in love and head over heels for one another. You were the standard for relationship goals that younger people would say.

While you two confronted each other a few hours ago, it was funny to think where did those two people go? Where did the love go? Everything about your encounter is hatred, blame, and threats. What went wrong?

Marrying Gojo Satoru was the best decision you have made. He was a dedicated, respectful, and loving husband you could ask for.

His parents welcomed you to the family with open arms and loved you as their own. Your parents, on the other hand, were skeptical especially when you introduced him. Satoru came from a wealthy family which made them think he might be snobbish or his family might look down on you.

Satoru was a natural charmer and sweet talker but he was cocky and overconfident about himself. It was even a turn-off for them when they asked him to go to the local market with them and the boy casually bought everything on the list, paid with a big paperbill and then told the vendors to keep the change with his proud voice that appeared very out of touch and arrogant to them.

"I swear Mom, Satoru is kind. He naturally speaks like that but I promise, he meant no harm. It wasn't his intention to offend you or anyone here." You explained, almost begging your parents to give him a chance. "I love him so just for me please, I want you to know him better."

They weren't right to give him a shot like what you've suggested. The way Satoru looks at you with full adoration is one thing. But the way he respects you and everyone you love, his willingness and eagerness to be loved by your parents, and his genuine intentions to help everyone around you especially the children are commendable. He is naturally good with taking care of children, he is intelligent and the most important thing, Satoru loves you deeply.

"I love your daughter so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. So Mr. Y/l/n and Mrs. Y/l/n, please let me marry your daughter." Satoru bowed humbly and sincerely. You cried in joy that time.

"I want you to promise us you wouldn't hurt our only daughter. She is very dear to us. Please don't make her cry. Our baby is fragile."

That was your parents' words to him before you left the province to prepare for your wedding.