Satoru & Hikaru

Because of an unexpected roommate, Satoru is cleaning one of the guest rooms in his penthouse. Not that it is dirty, however, the room is unused, and it accumulated dust. He doesn't want to be responsible if ever the kid named Hikaru catches some allergies.

Speaking of the kid, Satoru turned the TV on and put some cartoons on Netflix to entertain his little companion while he airs the whole room, cleaned the bathroom, changed the sheets and curtains, wiped the specks of dust, and placed the child's clothes inside the closet. The cleaning process wasn't tiring for him at all since believe it or not he maintains his space pretty well. However, it took an hour to finish everything and the clock reads seven-fifteen. Shoot. He is fifteen minutes late for the kid's breakfast time which is seven. He quickly ran into the living room to check if the child was crying or worst throwing tantrums for not eating on time.

Surprisingly, the kid is silently in the same sitting position, making himself as small as possible at the edge of the sofa, eyes glued on the cartoon. Satoru squats in front of him. "Hey, Hikaru!"

Hikaru slightly bowed his head as a sign of respect and acknowledgment to the person in front of him who was the owner of the big house. His little tummy is grumbling as he is already hungry and his breakfast is later than his usual time. He has no idea what fifteen minutes late is but his system knows. The only reason he wasn't talking is that he is shy and intimidated by the owner of the house, two he wasn't raised to throw unnecessary tantrums. His mother always reminds him not to act like a brat and ask nicely if he wants something. Hikaru never wants to make his mother upset. He hates it when his mama is sad.

Satoru chuckled as he heard the grumbling sound from the little boy's tummy. "Hikaru is hungry already. I'm sorry if Uncle Satoru hasn't prepared anything yet." He pats the boy's head and then proceeds to the kitchen to look at his fridge and what he can make for breakfast. All he has in his fridge are desserts and milk. There is nothing that screams healthy breakfast for children.

"Are you okay with McDonald's just for today?" He asked the kid awkwardly, slightly ashamed of how empty his refrigerator was despite being rich.

The way the child's eyes lit by mentioning the fast food, Satoru concluded that Hikaru must be fed well by his mother's home-cooked meals which are the best. There is nothing more delicious and comforting than food cooked by your mom. Although, eating fast food sometimes can be a good treat for yourself as well.

After changing into casual clothes, the two go to the parking lot, choosing a car that is child-friendly so his sports car is no longer an option. Hikaru is strapped safely in the backseat as Satoru mentally reminds himself not to drive carelessly as there is a child with him.

"I'm sorry buddy if I can't cook for you today. Is it okay if we drop by the grocery after eating? I promise to buy anything you like there." Satoru spoke while his eyes were fixed on the road.

"Okay..." The boy speaks softly.

Satoru smiled softly as he took a glimpse of the boy through the mirror. Suguru was right about the child being well-behaved, at least for now. The child is still adjusting to him. However, he doubts about that part. He feels Hikaru is a calm kid.

"We're almost there Hikaru." He spoke lively, trying to lift the kid's spirit by reminding him that he would be able to eat soon. "I know you're hungry, the monster in your tummy is already mad."

Looking at the boy's reaction, Satoru is confused. Hikaru frowned, lips pouted. The boy seems offended and sad at the same time by his words.