Chapter 10: Elegance in Motion

🔊 Turn the music on for better experience 🔊

As the sun dipped below the Seoul skyline, the Parks were in full gala preparation mode. The mansion buzzed with anticipation and the hum of a well-coordinated team of hairstylists and makeup artists. Unlike previous years when they'd each readied themselves individually, this time they had chosen to convene in the opulent dressing room of their sprawling mansion. There was a unspoken need for unity, a desire to face the unknown threat as a united front.

The dressing room, adorned with plush furnishings and framed mirrors, was a hub of activity. Each member of the Parks family had their own designated hairstylist and makeup artist, working with precision and artistry. It was a scene of organized chaos, where brushes, hairspray, and gowns vied for space.

Chaeyoung was the first to take her place in front of the vanity mirror. She reclined in a lavish chair, allowing her makeup artist to work their magic. However, she was not entirely focused on her transformation. Beneath the veil of her flawless makeup, she surreptitiously texted someone, her fingers dancing across her phone's screen.

And Joy, with her lively spirit, called out to Chaeyoung who was momentarily lost in her messages.

"Chaeyoung, what do you think about the earrings? I can't decide if they match my outfit," Joy asked, holding up a pair of exquisite diamond earrings.

Chaeyoung looked up, her attention briefly shifting from her phone. She smiled, though her mind was clearly preoccupied. "Oh, those are beautiful, Joy. I think they'll add a touch of elegance to your look."

Joy's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. "Right?! The moment I picked up these earrings, I knew they were the perfect match. Thanks, Chaeyoung! By the way, have you seen the gala updates? They're saying this year is going to be epic."

"Yes, I've been keeping an eye on them," Chaeyoung responded, her mind quickly shifting back to her conversation as she continued to type out a message.

A hairstylist made a suggestion to Joy, prompting her to turn away briefly, and Chaeyoung seized the opportunity to return to her phone.

Joy, feeling a little dismissed but understanding the hectic atmosphere, focused on her own preparations.

________________

Jimin had his own hairstylist engaged in a conversation about his gala look.

"I want something sleek and elegant, but with a touch of rebellion, you know?" he mused, his artistic nature always seeking new expressions.

The hairstylist nodded, understanding Jimin's vision. "Sleek waves could work well for you, providing that touch of rebellion while maintaining elegance."

While this conversation unfolded, Chanyeol was engrossed in his phone, in the digital world of his music. Between hair adjustments, he feverishly tapped out a few final notes for his upcoming project. His hairstylist patiently waited for him to finish, understanding the gravity of his musical responsibilities.

Occasionally, he glanced up, catching snippets of Jimin's conversation. A small grin played on his lips as he marveled at the family's diverse pursuits. For a brief moment, he allowed himself to drift into the world of artistic expression, contemplating how each family member's unique approach contributed to the family's collective charm.

________________

Sunghoon sat in contemplation while his makeup artist applied the finishing touches.

"I need to make a statement with my outfit tonight. Something that says 'bold and unapologetic.'" His gaze fell on a rack of avant-garde garments, his vision for the gala taking shape.

Just then, a series of email notifications buzzed relentlessly on his phone. Curious, the makeup artist asked, "Is something urgent? Your phone seems to be blowing up."

Sunghoon took a quick glance at his phone, a wave of unease washing over him. "Oh, it's just work-related emails. Nothing to worry about."

As the emails continued to pour in, he swiftly silenced his phone, blocking out the messages and resolved to handle it discreetly

As the emails continued to pour in, he swiftly silenced his phone, blocking out the messages and resolved to handle it discreetly. The makeup artist finished the look, and Sunghoon, despite the growing tension, put on a confident smile, ready to face the night.

________________

Jihyo was the first to bring up the elephant in the room. She had her attention on the latest social media updates, a hint of concern on her face.

"Have you seen the rumors about the gala? They're wild."

Joy chimed in, her voice filled with curiosity. "Yeah, it's like everyone's waiting for something dramatic to happen."

The room fell into a thoughtful silence as the family pondered the underlying tension of the gala, the threat that had been circling in their social circles. It was a subject they couldn't ignore.

Jihyo finally broke the silence, her gaze darting to Chaeyoung. "I heard the Jeon/Jung clan might have something to do with it. There's always some kind of rivalry with them."

Chaeyoung, caught off guard, tried to conceal her surprise. "Oh, I doubt that has anything to do with it. Let's not jump to conclusions."

Sunghoon nodded, his expression serious. "I wouldn't be surprised. But we can't let it overshadow our night."

Jimin, ever the peacemaker, tried to lighten the mood. "Let's focus on having a fantastic time tonight. Our gala has always been the talk of the town, and this year will be no different."

Joy added, "We'll show them we won't be intimidated."

Despite the unspoken unease, the Parks family remained committed to their gala preparations. They had chosen to face whatever challenges lay ahead together, their bond stronger than ever. As they allowed their team to complete their transformations, their anticipation for the gala grew, and their determination to enjoy the evening and protect their family's reputation was unwavering.

They were ready to step into the glittering world of the Neo Seoul Gala, where elegance and intrigue were the order of the night.

________________

Can't believe I'm already experiencing writers block (😩). But thankfully, I finished this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it and didn't get confused(😐). Cause I'm starting to slip a bit.

Well, 2 parts down, 2 more to go. See youu in the next chapter, i guess (💚)