Chapter 9: Glamour in the Making

🔊 Turn the music on for better experience 🔊

The day of the gala had finally arrived, and the Kims were in the midst of their preparations. Jennie sat in front of the vanity mirror while a talented hair and makeup artist worked their magic. Her dress for the gala lay on the bed, a stunning creation by a renowned designer, waiting to be worn.

As Jennie sat in front of the vanity mirror, her phone buzzed with an incoming call.

She glanced at the caller ID and saw that it was Jisoo

She glanced at the caller ID and saw that it was Jisoo. With a smile, she answered the call.

Jennie: "Hey, Jisoo! How's everything on your end?"

Jisoo: "Oh, you know, just putting on the finishing touches on my outfit. But enough about me. How are you doing, Jennie? Are you okay?"

Jennie paused for a moment, touched by Jisoo's genuine concern. Despite the whirlwind of glam and fame that surrounded them, Jisoo's humility always shone through.

Jennie: "I'm good, Jisoo, really. Just the usual pre-gala frenzy. But, hey, thanks for calling. It means a lot."

Jisoo: "Of course! We're family, Jennie. Listen, I know there's a lot of chatter about that threat going around, but please don't let it get to you. We've got this, and we're going to have a blast tonight."

Jennie's heart warmed at Jisoo's comforting words. She had always admired Jisoo's ability to stay grounded and uplifting, no matter the circumstances.

Jennie: "You're right, Jisoo. We've got each other's backs, and we won't let anything ruin our night. We'll have fun, create memories, and show the world what the Kims are all about."

Jisoo: "That's the spirit, Jennie! You're a star, and tonight, you're going to shine brighter than ever. Just remember, we're family, and family looks out for each other."

Jennie: "Thanks, Jisoo. Your words mean the world to me. I can't wait to see you tonight, and we're going to make this gala unforgettable."

Jisoo: "Absolutely, Jennie. I'll see you soon."

Jennie ended her call with Jisoo, feeling a sense of reassurance wash over her. As she put her phone down and looked into the mirror, she noticed Taehyung stepping into the room. His suit was perfectly tailored, and his hair and makeup were flawlessly done.

"Wow, you look incredible," she said with a sweet smile, her heart fluttering as she admired him. Taehyung's suit was perfectly tailored, and his hair and makeup were flawlessly done.

A confident smile played on his lips. "Well, I had to make sure I could stand beside the most beautiful woman in the room."

He approached her, gently adjusting a stray strand of hair that had fallen near her face. Jennie's cheeks flushed, feeling her heart swell with affection.