🌏 Far Too Late 🗑️

Start from the beginning

Moon furrowed his brows in discontent, Earth would never act like this. Sure he would be in pain but... This much? Something was terribly wrong.

Moon softly pat his back as Earth coughed out some more oil, splattering it on his hoodie, again.

He really liked that hoodie too.. but of course, it had to be ruined by him. Just his luck.

At this point, he just wanted to his curl up into a ball, and slowly wither away as the pain eats him up.

Why him? Don't get him wrong, he was grateful for life to form on his surface, but sometimes they can be a bit of a... hassle. He'll just never understand why he; out of every of planet, was given the responsibility with life flourishing on him.

It was way too much to bare.

He furrowed his brows in frustration, why can't they all just, get along?!

There isn't a single day where conflict between nations would be absent. He's honestly getting sick of it.

They'll change. He knows it. But...

When will they change?

And.. how?

Will it be for the better or...

Moon snaps him out of his thoughts, "Earth?"

Earth looks up, facing Moon, who had a scrunched up face, a mixture of confusion and concern swirled together to create an uneasy look on his face.

"I-"

Earth placed a hand on his throat, slightly widening his eyes.

..why did it hurt to speak?.. he could feel the oil trying to climb its way back up as he flinched.

He doesn't understand anything.. why is today so different? Why was the pain worse today?

Moon noticed his sudden actions.

What was wrong with him today?..

Scratch being concerned, he was now perturbed, to say the least. Moon placed a hand on Earths shoulder, "You.. okay, bud?.."

Earth swallowed his pain, shutting his eyes and trying to relax as best as he can.

"..y-yeah-." His voice cracked, pain emitted from his throat as he spoke one word. Earth winced at the excruciating amount of agony, headache inducing.

He let out a chocked sob of torture, covering his mouth with one hand while shutting his eyes tight, not daring to open them.

Moon jumped in fright, his hands started to tremble, he absolutely despised witnessing Earth like this; his closest celestial neighbor, and friend, in an excruciating amount of pain. It not only hurt Earth, but it also hurt Moon to see someone he cares for so much in this unfortunate state.

He's been orbiting Earth long enough to conclude the kind of treatment humans give him, is a selfish act. Earth never deserved any of this.

Bombs with voltages high enough to pierce your ears, breaking the sound barrier, all used to destroy each other in the end. If Moon could describe humans; he'd say, they're a bunch of greedy egocentric self-centered beings.

But yet, all those bombs.

They could've been used for so many other things than to fight with each other..

Moon sighed.

Earth shakily lifted his head to view Moon, he frowned, looking down.

He felt guilty for putting this much weight on Moons back, he doesn't want to pressurize him so much.