Chapter-19: The First Gift

Start from the beginning

"My name. I thought you forgot or you didn't know my name." She looked at me.

"Alizeh I know I am ignorant about us but not that ignorant that I won't know your name." I replied softly, did she think that lowly about me?

"Its not my fault you act- " she started again but I shut her up by putting my finger on her lips.

"Chup" I told her and she stopped talking looking in my eyes directly.

"I am sorry for earlier. I was stressed about something else. That's no excuse but-" before I could say another word she put her fingers on my lips shushing me, "Chup" she said softly.

"Did the Zain Aziz just say sorry to me?" she asked with a gleam in her eyes as I removed my fingers.

"Yes do you want me to apologise again?" I asked her.

"An apology won't work Aziz I got you flowers when I apologised." She demanded.

"You want flowers?" I asked sincerely but she shook her head eyeing my teddy bear again. This girl!

"No!!" I responded immediately like a kid.

"Zain 'aap' 27 hain!" She argued back looking at my teddy bear greedily.
(Zain you're 27!)

"So what if I am 27? Stop eyeing my teddy bear!" RIP my reputation I thought looking around. The way she just mocked me saying 'aap' to remind me of my age. But again the way she said 'aap' every time, sent me to another dimension. During dinner I choked on my food hearing this. All this started from the mention of her changing my room. Why would she even change my room, not like she would live there, well they didn't know that. I knew they were trying to get me to stay there using her. My family was so eager to get me married, hoping things would change again after my marriage. But I wasn't going to let that happen.

I wasn't giving her the teddy bear just to annoy her. That was the only reason I had carried this damn teddy the entire fair with me.

"You're so shameless!" She retorted back but I paid no attention. After a while she looked at me again.

"So you don't want me to forgive you?" She said making puppy eyes.

"Fine teddy bear for the sleepy bear" I said handing her the teddy bear biting my lips to not smile.

"I knew you had no interest in a teddy bear, you were just doing it to frustrate me." She said with a knowing tone, grasping my teddy bear immediately. It was a cute scene, the teddy bear was bigger than her as she struggled to hold it. I can't believe I had been roaming with it the entire fair just to annoy her. Well hopefully no one knew me here- so it was easier to do things I normally wouldn't do.

"You're forgiven grumps" she said dismissively looking fondly at her teddy bear.

"I am not any grumps" I told her.

"You are! I have never seen you smile. Can you smile?" She asked me raising her eyebrows.

"Of course I can. But there needs to be something to smile about but there are idiots all around me." I told her.

"You're no joy either Aziz" she said huffing at me as I glanced at the roses in my hands. For some reason I had the urge to frame these roses.

"Zain—" she looked at me suddenly making puppy eyes.

"Can we go on the ferris wheel?" She asked.

"I never said no, go I'll wait for you." I told her.

"I said WE not ME" Alizeh shook her head. I looked at the watch in my hand it was more than 1am. This girl was making me do all sorts of things I never did. I always followed my routine- going to bed, waking up everything at a set time. But here I was standing in a fair in the middle of the night. She was a total baby sometimes.