Chapter 83: The Last Step

Start from the beginning

"Hey Latias, can you fly us to Professor Magnolia's lab?" Ash asked.

Latias was about to say yes but remembered she had plans to have a date with Dracovish later. Ash picked up on her changing expression.

"Hey how about while we're talking I can let out Dracovish and you two can explore Wedgehurst together?" Ash suggested.

Latias beamed at the idea. She happily nodded. Ash and the others got on and flew towards Professor Magnolia's lab. 

Once they arrived, they were met by Leon, Gloria and Hop.

"Hey Leon, Gloria and Hop" Adh said with a smile.

"Hello Ash, or rather, World Monarch Ash" Leon joked. Ash chuckled at that.

"What are you guys doing here?" Serena asked.

"We were summoned by Professor Magnolia" Gloria answered.

"Didn't say what for though, just that it was important" Hop said with his hands behind his back.

Ash and Serena looked at each other with concern.

"I take it you two were summoned as well" Leon said.

"Yeah, didn't say why either" Serena said.

"Only one way to find out then" Leon said.

Everyone started to walk in, until Latias tugged on Ash's shirt. Ash understood. He took out a ball and released Dracovish.

"We've got things to talk about, so you guys go have fun okay" Ash said.

Latias nodded. She blushed as she looked at Dracovish. Said Pokemon waved his fins with excitement.

"Yay! Ooting with Latias!" Dracovish said happily.

Latias giggled. "It's pronounced 'outing' babe" she said with a smile.

"Really? But I thought when you spend time with the one you love the most its called an ooting" he said innocently.

Latias blushed hard and nearly fainted from his cuteness. Dracovish didn't notice and continued.

"And then after the ooting you go somewhere more private and show your true feelings for each other and then ma—"

"LET'S GO!!" Latias yelled as she pushed Dracovish from behind, making him not see her intense blushing. 'I'm gonna pulverize whoever told him that!'

She gulped as her fingertips tightened. 'Now he knows what I had planned...'

Ash, Pikachu and Greninja looked at each other with confusion. They shrugged it off and joined the others inside the house.

Once inside, they entered the living room. They were surprised to see more people.

"Goh? Chloe?" Ash said.

"President Lusamine too?" Serena said.

"Hey Ash, hey Serena" Chloe said.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ash asked.

"We were asked to be here on behalf of Chloe's dad" Goh said.

"So what are we doing here exactly" Gloria asked.

"I shall explain" Professor Magnolia said as she entered the room with Sonia and Victor.

"Victor!" Gloria said as she came up and hugged her brother.

Victor returned her hug with his own. "Hey sis, good to see you."

Once they separated, he noticed Hop.