𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎

Start from the beginning

"You cannot do that! That isn't fair!" I yelled.

"I will get my husband to fire Lorenzo, and it'll be all your fault. So I advise you to be fucking careful what you do," She threatens me.

She rose to her feet and stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut on her way out.

My heart felt like it had sunk to my stomach as I heard the sharp sound echo throughout the room.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes as I thought of what this meant for me; without this job, I wouldn't be able to make payments on my overdue bills.

I got up from my seat and walked inside the elevator, to Lorenzo's office, trying to discreetly wipe my tears away before entering. As soon as I was inside, I saw him sitting on his chair, behind his desk.

"We need to talk, now," I demanded, walking over to him.

"Look, I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to raise my voice love, I swear. Please forgive—"

"No! We can't keep doing this. We can't keep dating and going out to places like this!" I snapped.

"Yes we can, just because we got into one argument doesn't mean everything is over," He grumbled.

"Your mom. She said that if we keep dating, we'll both get fired,"

He sat up straight and got out of his seat.

"You spoke to my mom?" He questioned, walking over to me.

"We cannot be together. I need this job more than anything right now. Same do you, because I swear Lorenzo, if I'm the cause of you getting fired, that will forever haunt me."

"I won't get fired, I'm the light for this hotel," He reminded me.

"No! No... No Lorenzo, how do you know? We shouldn't take risks. If you get fired because of me, then that will be another thing that will haunt me. I won't get hired into high-paying jobs because of the scandal—"

"Baby, please calm down. I will figure this out I swear," He promised.

"This was a mistake. The dates we went on were a mistake, the kissing was a mistake, everything! We were a mistake," I shouted, making him hear me well.

"So your saying, that I'm not good enough for you?"

"No, I'm not."

"I gave you everything and now all you want to do is throw it away?" He questions, glaring at me now.

"I don't know! I'm so confused Lorenzo but all I know is we can't keep being together. I never truly loved you enough to care..."

He froze in his spot, the color draining from his face as he fought back against the emotions that spread across it.

"That hurt Zaran. Get out,"

"I should've seen that fucking coming," I mumbled.

"Did we mean anything to you? Did I fucking mean anything to you?" He angrily asked, walking closer to me.

I stayed silent, trying not to break down crying.

"Look, I'm just going through a lot right now—"

"Answer the fucking question."

"Lorenzo, did any of this mean anything? Come on let's stop lying to ourselves,"

"I gave you 20,000 dollars, I saved you when you were alone, I let you stay at my house, I brought you clothes. I did everything for you!"

"And I love you for that! I do, but I'm so tired, so exhausted of everything—"

"For fucking sake Zaran, can we just not talk about you? What about me? Did you realize how that would make me feel? Or did you just think about yourself and what you had to do to survive," He sneered, walking closer.

"Don't do that. That's not fair! I'm only doing this to live. To pay my bills and put food on the table for myself,"

My voice cracked mid-sentence.

"So you were just using me? There wasn't any love between us?"

"No, that's not what am saying and that's the problem with you,"

"No your the problem Zaran. You are always the problem," He screamed, making the entire room quiet.

I flinched, looking at him in his eyes.

Tears filled my eyes and I sighed, "Do you think I like hurting you?"

"I don't know, because that's all you do. Giving me mixed signals,"

"Lorenzo, you know how much I cared for you, I truly did!" I pleaded.

But his response was nothing like what I expected. It was full of anger and resentment. "I don't know if I can ever believe or trust you again,"

"I'm sorry! Okay, I truly am. It's just I have been going through a lot of shit right now lately a-and I don't know what to do—"

"You broke my trust Zaran, sorry means nothing."

Tears started falling down my eyes, as we looked at each other.

"What we had was not important to fight for I guess." He seethed.

I threw my hands up, shaking my head.

"Look, this past 2 weeks of dating you was fun. But I have more worries to focus on—"

"Why won't you fight for us?" He shouted again.

"I don't know."

"Why did you say we were a mistake?" He asked.

"I don't know,"

"Why Zaran? Why!"

"I don't know! I don't know. I don't know. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know—"

"Zara—"

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't fucking know!" I screamed, sobbing.

The whole room was silent once more and I could feel my knees buckle beneath me out of sadness. Tears flew from my eyes and knowing sobs left my lips.

"I don't know anything anymore," I whispered.

"Sorry, but I'm done with this conversation. Next time I'll be careful with who I choose to trust. Maybe my parents were right, I should've never started anything with a girl like you," He bitterly told me, walking away from me, into the bathroom.

Another person left. I only have myself now.

Again.

⊱✿⊰

Author note: Is Santiago the only one who have normal parents? LMFAO LIKE UM