Chapter 17

Jennie's POV

"Please...make yourself comfortable..."

She said to us as she went ahead to the kitchen. Spike sat down the couch while I look around the living room. I don't know why...but somehow...being here feels...familiar...like I visited it so many times.

I ignored those thoughts and sat down beside Spike. Her daughter, Lily sat in front of us and stared at me. I smiled.

"Are you...a ghost?"

I glanced at Spike who also glanced at me. I can't lie to a child. She reminds me of Lisa. Spike nodded and turned to the girl, smiling.

"No, she's not. She just has...powers...or something."

She looked at me again and just smiled slightly. I couldn't help but be mad at Spike for saying that. Now she's just going to ask a lot of questions. It was a good thing that Dawn, her mother came back with drinks. She smiled and told Lily to go back in her room. Lily hesitated first but then nodded her head and slowly headed towards the stairs.

Dawn turned to us and smiled.

"You know...you should remove your coat. Don't you feel hot in that?"

My eyes went wide and I glanced at Spike who seems to have done the same thing. He shrugged and I looked at Dawn again.

"Uh...I-I'm fine. I don't feel hot...thank you though."

She raised her eyebrow.

"But...you seem to be sweating..."

I looked at Spike again who did the same. He then looked at Dawn and smiled nervously.

"Uh...She's...sweating because...she was nervous...because...of um...she thought she wouldn't be able to...to...save your daughter in time. Yeah that's it. She was terrified of what might've happened to your daughter."

He nodded as he looked at Dawn who doesn't seem to believe him. She shook her head and sighed.

"I don't believe everything you said. 'You' young man seems to be bad at lying..."

I glanced at Spike who was scratching his head smiling slightly. I agree with Mrs. Summers...he really is bad at lying.

"You should've just told me that you don't want to take it off..."

I smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry...I'm just...not comfortable in taking my coat off."

She nodded.

"It's alright...anyway...do you mind if I ask you a question?"

I shook my head and waited for her to ask her question.

"Are you...human?"

Lisa's POV

'It can't be...could it...?'

I thought as I stared at the old man whom I assumed is God. He read my mind...and he was the one who sent Jennie here. Ordinary humans can't do such things. They can't bring down an angel. So...he really must be...God...

I watch him carefully as he smiled.

"You guessed it right. I am God. You really are a smart girl..."

I frowned and placed my face on my hand.

'This isn't real...I'm hallucinating...there's no old man beside me...I'm just seeing things...'

I kept chanting in my head.

"Sorry to disappoint you...but this is all real..."

I took a deep breath and slowly looked up. The old man still is smiling. We were quiet looking at each other. Before I know it, his smiling face is gone and was replaced by a serious look...that's kinda freaking me out.