Chapter 13

Jennie's POV

"Lisa...I want you to...I want you to...love me..."

She frowned slightly and I just continued talking...making her understand what I'm feeling...

"I want you to love me Lisa. Not just like a sister...or a friend. What I want is far more than that. I want you to love me...as me. Jennie. I want to have your heart...so you can have mine. I want you to love me...because I already love... you..."

We suddenly stopped swaying and just looked at each other, waiting for her to say something...anything. She was surprised when I told her that, seeing her eyes went wide. Now...I can see so many emotions in her eyes. I noticed two of them. Fear and uncertainty.

She opened her lips a little and looked away. Is that a way for her to say that she doesn't feel the same way? I frowned slightly feeling rejected...and it hurt a lot. I looked down and released my hand that's wrapping her neck. I smiled through the pain.

"I-It's...alright if you...can't or won't do it...I'm n-not going to f-force you..."

I wanted to go away from her...I want to cry out loud until I don't have anymore tears left. It hurts so bad...I just wanted to die right there and then.

I was about to run off when I felt her hand on my wrist stopping me from doing so. I slowly turn to her and saw her frowning slightly, looking straight at me.

"Jennie...that's not...what I meant..."

I suddenly felt this bright light of hope thinking that maybe...just maybe she feels the same way. We stared at each other again with her hand still holding my wrist, squeezing it. She looked away again looking nervous...and shy.

"J-Jennie...I...I...th-think....I...."

She really is nervous what with her hand squeezing my wrist tight. I didn't complain though. I waited for her to finish what she's going to say. Even if it takes forever...

The forever was suddenly gone when Liam approached us.

"Jennie. There you are. You promised me a dance remember?"

I looked at him then at Lisa. I wanted to tell Liam no...that I want to stay here with Lisa and let her finish what she's about to say. I was really about to do that when I felt Liam pull my other hand pulling me away from Lisa. I was about to pull my hand and go to Lisa again when I felt her hand release me. I looked at her as Liam continue me to pull away from her...

Even as I walk away...I still kept my gaze to hers. I didn't even blink. The only time I looked away was when she walked away, heading outside...

Lisa's POV

I couldn't say it...

Couldn't say to her that it's exactly how I feel...

That I want her beside me always...

That it tears me apart to see her with Liam...

But I couldn't...

I was scared...

Scared that once I tell her...someday...she might fall out of love for me...

I don't want that...

I want her forever...

I sighed as I looked up at the dark sky. I'm outside the party walking towards the garden. I saw a bench and decided to sit there thinking of what to do. I know how I feel...but I'm not sure if I should say it. Like I said...I'm scared.