Chapter 5

Lisa's POV

I was standing at the hospital...waiting for someone to let me know how my mother is. I was shocked and scared when she passed out in the living room that I quickly ran outside and called for help. Mrs. Peterson helped me. She called an ambulance and took me with her to the hospital. I'm just sitting here...at the waiting room looking at Mrs. Peterson talking to a guy in a white coat. I can't hear what they were saying but...I can tell that it isn't good...with what Mrs. Peterson's expression is. She looks...sad. I frowned and looked at the floor feeling scared. What if something happens to mom? What will I do? Where will I go? I slumped down the chair as I felt a small wind on my face. I always feel it whenever I'm sad or when I'm going to sleep. It's like something...or maybe someone is brushing their hand on my face. It brings me comfort...makes me feel that I'm not alone. That someone is watching over me...My thoughts were interrupted when Mrs. Peterson walked towards me. I stood up waiting for what she's going to say. She crouched down and smiled at me.

"Lisa...the doctor says your mom wants to see you..."

I nodded and she led me towards moms' room. I was scared that I couldn't move in front of her room. It's like...I don't want to believe what was happening to her...that I just wish that this was all just a dream. Mrs. Peterson laid her hand on my shoulder and opened the door. We just stood there as the door opened.

"I'll be waiting outside...call me if something happens..."

I didn't say anything as she walked away. I just stood there...looking at nowhere. My thoughts were gone in an instant when I heard a faint voice...calling me.

"Lisa..."

I slowly went inside and closed the door. I looked at my left side and saw my mom in bed with a lot of contraptions in her body. She noticed me and smiled...the same smile that I've been seeing...the same smile that told me that I'm loved...the same smile that told me that everything is going to be alright...a smile full of love that I know I wouldn't ever see again...

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in my room...staring at the ceiling...not in the hospital. I sigh feeling that I lost my mom again at what I dreamt about. It's been two days since I had that kind of dream again. It seems that I can't get that memory out of my head...and whenever I woke up from that dream...I can't help but feel so...depressed. I decided to get up but then...I can't. I seem to notice two things. One: someone's holding me by the waist. Two: I'm also holding into someone which caused my arm dead from underneath that person. I turn to look at the person on my right and saw a girl...the girl that I found yesterday in the park.

'Oh yeah...the one who got drunk yesterday...'

I sighed and turn to face her. My moving made her to snuggle close to me. Her face was close to mine now. I can't help but study her face. She looks so...beautiful.

'I wonder what her reason of running away from home is.'

I think my hand had its mind of its own as it moved up to her and brushed some strands of her hair that was covering her face. She smiled slightly making me smile too. I soon realized that my hand caressing her cheek softly that I quickly pulled it away.

'What the hell is wrong with me?!'

I sighed and decided to get up feeling my stomach grumble. I slowly tried to pull my arm underneath her. She started mumbling something as I pulled my arm away completely. As I got up...I can't help but look at her fearing that I've awoken her. She didn't...she just kept on mumbling something. I begin to stretch my sleeping muscles and quickly went to the bathroom to take an early bath.