Chapter 9

Lisa's POV

It's almost midnight when we got back to the motel. We didn't speak on the way. I guess both of us were thinking about something. I was thinking about what Red said in the bar.

'Do I really like her?'

I kept on thinking that as I lay down on the bed staring at the ceiling. Jennie was on her side facing the wall. I glanced at her and well...I kept on thinking that damn question. I never really "like" any person before...so in short...I'm kinda new to this kinda thing.

I only met her couple of weeks ago and now...I'm questioning myself whether or not I like her. I sighed and just close my eyes trying to sleep. I felt her move and was kinda surprised when she wrapped her arms on my stomach and snuggled at my neck. If I didn't know any better...I think she's smelling me.

I looked down at her face. I kept wondering and wondering what I'm feeling for her. A couple of months ago...if Red will say to me that I'm gonna find a girl and I would feel some kind of feeling for her...I'd probably laugh at her and say that she's nuts or something. But now that I'm in this situation...wrapped in the arms of a girl whom I barely know...thinking of what I feel for her...I don't know what to do. I'm lost.

I wasn't used to feeling this shit. I wasn't used to feeling confused. I was a 'get some get gone' type of girl. Now that I think about it...that's not me anymore. My life really changed the moment I met Jennie.

I know this is kinda stupid to say...but the moment I saw her in the park that night...I kinda felt like...I know her from somewhere...from along time ago. She was just so...familiar. Maybe that's why I decided to take her with me...or maybe I just pity her or something...

"Lisa..."

She said as she snuggled to me wrapping her arms on my waist tighter. I looked at her noticing that my hands were on my side...doing nothing. I turn to my side slowly facing her. Her head was still on my neck. I hesitated thinking if I should hold her too. After a little debate in my head...I slowly laid my hand on Jennie's waist pulling her closer to me. I felt her mumble something in my neck and snuggled again. I sighed feeling her breathe in my neck which was really bothering me...

'Geeez...I don't think I'll be sleeping for awhile...'

Jennie's POV

Lisa seems angry as we waited for the waiter to get our lunch. I guess she's upset because I didn't tell her about Liam asking me to go out with him yesterday. I know I should have told her about it but...I guess it just slipped my mind.

I didn't know he would ask me out. First we were just talking then all of a sudden he's asking me out to go with him to the movies. I was never asked out before and well...I didn't want him to get all sad if I rejected him or anything...so I just told him yes.

And now that I told Lisa about it which made her angry...I think I'm regretting what I told Liam. Maybe I shouldn't have said yes...

I looked up at her. She was frowning while looking at the window.

"Are you...angry at me?"

I saw her glance at me for a second then she turns her attention again to the window.

"No..."

"Then why are you frowning and staring there not saying anything?"

She sighed and turned to me with a tired look.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Anything...I just want to hear you talk..."

It's true...I just want her to talk. I don't want her to give me the famous 'silent treatment.' I couldn't bear to think of her not talking to me...so I just voiced out my feelings. But somehow...there's this one feeling that I couldn't seem to voice out. This one feeling that I'm scared of...that she might reject it...that one feeling that I realized that I was feeling for her...