Chapter 37- Regrets

Start from the beginning

"Is it morning already?" I groaned.

"Yes, it is. In fact, it's almost afternoon. You must have been tired after all that shouting at dinner yesterday. Goodness me, you were like a different person." She stifled her laughter as her fingers absentmindedly ran through locks of my bed hair.

"Are you making fun of me right now, babe?" I couldn't hold the laugh, holding her hand as I placed it above my chest after kissing along her knuckles.

"Yeah, I am." She leaned down, kissing my forehead.

"Well, we're leaving today so hopefully you'll never have to see that side of me again." The pregnant silence that hung in the air after those words left my lips didn't leave any good thoughts in my head. 

This minx was up to something.

"What are you thinking, Ines?" I asked, blinking one eye open.

"Well, there's a problem." She innocently started.

"And is that problem going to keep us from going back home?"

"Hey, I want to go home as much as you do. You think I enjoyed all that drama yesterday? I know I like drama, but not when I'm a part of it," She hissed, offended, flicking my forehead as I jokingly glared at her.

"But yes, it probably will... I started my period, and I've got terrible cramps so I don't think I can travel today. Especially on that long flight, I won't survive it, Rick." 

She was such a terrible actress. 

And did she really think I wouldn't see past it? Her next period isn't due for another 12 days, and she's never started more than two days early before.

But goodness me, she really was so adorable.

And, I'm not going to lie, I'm curious about what she's scheming, but it wasn't a hard guess... Something to do with me forgiving my parents for all that they've done?

"My, oh my. If you put it like that then there's not much I can do... If my woman is suffering from period cramps, then me, being the lovely lover that I am, should go out of his way to make sure she feels comfortable, right?" She blinked, confused that I had bought her lie, but she didn't dwell on it for too long, widening her smile as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, and to start with, you can go and buy me some pads from the shops. And I want chocolate too." She jumped out of bed, grabbing my arm as she tried pulling me up, and given her strength, it wasn't a hard feat to accomplish.

"Alright, let me wash up and get ready then. Any requests for the chocolate?" I walked over to the suitcase as I spoke, picking out a simple outfit to wear.

"Surprise me." I laughed, rolling my eyes at her antics as I spared her a last glance, watching as she hurried me into the bathroom to start with her plans of something, but seeing her so happy made me willing to go through anything for her. And that included staying a little longer than planned in this hellhole.

Forgiving my parents seemed a lot easier before the whole dinner fiasco took place, now I don't know if I can even look them in the eye anymore. But I didn't want to give up even now, because I know that she wants me to make up with my family.

But if I do manage to forgive them and move on with my life, I wonder if those nightmares will persist?

When I left the bathroom, the bedroom was devoid of any Ines. So, quickly getting ready to head out, I brushed my hair, put some cologne on, and folded the sleeves of my shirt up to my elbows before heading downstairs to the dining room where light chatter was heard coming from.