Unfortunately Popular

A weight seemed to be lifted off Bo's chest after leaving Kjallakr's farm. The ocean breeze making him feel at ease. Although, there was a man with red hair and a deadly flame in his eye that screamed for revenge.

Bo didn't talk to this man, just glanced at him briefly, but he knew that this red headed man was planning something sinister and dangerous.

"The trading port is three days away. It's on the top of Norway." Aegir said, breaking Bo out of his thoughts. "We'll catch some more fish while we sail, people at the market go crazy for fresh fish."

Bo had been to a multitude of ports while with Askeladd, but hadn't paid any mind to the stands or what they were selling. But if he looked back he could remember seeing a number of people with handfuls of fish.

Humming, Bo moved to grab the net that was made to catch fish while they sail. Over the next three days not much happened, all they did was pull the net in and gutting the fish, then throwing the net back out only to repeat the process.

Except on day two. While the two were gutting fish, they sailed past the aftermath of a viking raid on a village. The sight made Bo freeze, dropping his knife, the clanking of the metal object hitting the floor was the last noise Bo heard before the pounding of his heart took over.

Houses were on fire, blood covered the almost pure looking grass below. Flowers looked so out of place with splatters of blood on them, like their beauty was being tainted by the hideous actions that took place hours ago. But the screams. Oh gods above, the screams. They would joint the horrendous chorus in Bo's dreams.

The noise sounded like it was ripped from their throats, sounded like they were going through the most excruciating pain known to man. But in a way, what happened to them was the worst thing imaginable.

The destruction and damage that got inflicted on these innocent people could never be erased, even if they lived for a hundred years. Bo had a sickening realization, war only led to more war, violence only led to more violence. And he was the living example of that. His father got killed, so he killed other young boys father in revenge.

Bo could practically see a young boy amongst the destroyed village finding his dead father and swearing to every god above that he would seek vengeance and kill the men responsible.

But what others didn't realize that Bo did, killing the person who caused you pain doesn't make it go away, it just makes you numb so you think you don't feel it anymore. And the numbing anger is easier to feel than the soul crushing sadness.

And just seeing what was left behind made Bo disgusted with himself. How could he do such a thing without a second thought? How could he sleep in the houses of peoples lives he just destroyed?

Just the sight made Bo feel the blood dripping off his hands. Hear the yells and shouts of people's he'd killed. He wanted to get soap and clean his skin, rub it raw until he was scrubbing at his bones.

But it didn't matter if he used all the soap in the world, the blood would still be there.

A hand coming down on his shoulder broke Bo out of his haze like state. "You okay, boy?" The older man asked. Silently, Bo nodded and picked up his knife with shaking hands to resume his previous actions. "Just got lost in thought, sorry." The younger boy said in a low, quiet voice.

Nothing much was said after that, not until they reached the trading port that acted as a market for the towns people. When they arrived it was nightfall, so they made a plan to wake up early and set up the fish before the market got at its peak for customers.

The two fisherman rose with the sun, setting out the barrels of fish they collected over the past few days. Once they were finished setting up, Aegir smirked at Bo. "Now watch a pro-trader at work, and maybe you'll be making deals next time we're here."