Legend Of Thors

The world spun, voices muddled. What was happening? Why was there a thrumming pain all over his body?

Bo slowly opened his eyes, his vision blurry. A giant man was walking toward him, saying something he couldn't quite understand in his dazed mind.

Who is that? He was even bigger up close. What was he saying? Duel? Oh, right. He was in the middle of a duel. Duel! Bo's eyes shot open, memories flooded back to him. Thorkell, getting Askeladd, protecting Thorfinn, winning the duel!

'Shit! No time to lie down!' Bo stood up and tightened his grip on his knives. There was an uproar, men shouting, asking how Bo was standing. "I can't believe he's alive!" One man shouted.

The giant smiled crazily. "Looks like there's more fun to be had." Bo took a deep breath, he was ready to continue the 'fun' as he called it. "I'll give you time to patch yourself up. See to your wounds." The young Viking snarled, he didn't need to be given time to do anything except kill Thorkell.

"Fuck off! I don't want your courtesy!" He yelled. "It's not courtesy. I mean, how will you fight like that?" Thorkell asked. Bo jutted his arm out. "Shut up and mind your own..." He noticed his elbow dangling, bending in a way it wasn't supposed to. A searing pain shot up his arm, making him scream out as he crumpled to the ground cradling his arm to his chest.

"See that?" Thorkell said matter of factly, like he was trying to prove his point. Bo heard the crunching of snow, lifting his gaze he saw his brother running toward him, worry written all over his face making Bo internally cringe. He didn't want to make his brother worry.

Thorfinn crouched next to his brother and spoke quietly. "If you get up and fight right now I'll break your other arm." Out of the corner of Bo's eye he saw Askeladd hobbling over to them, using his sword as a cane. 'Shit! Fuck! Everything flipped on its head from one stupid kick! What do I do?! How do I win?! With one arm! Against that monster! No way I'll let Thorfinn fight him, no way!'

Bo was panicking, brain going a mile a minute, until a grating voice spoke. "Let me see it. I'll get you back into fight shape." He said, holding his hand out. Askeladd was the last person Bo wanted helping him. Besides, if he wanted to help anyone, he should help himself. "Don't need your help. Fix your own wounds." Bo glared.

The older man knelt down. "Just show it to me, Bo. I know my way around setting a broken bone." His tone was sincere, but Bo didn't trust him. "Get the fuck off him, pointy hair! Don't touch him!" Thorfinn yelled, putting himself in front of his brother protectively.

"Calm down. That's your weakest trait. Be cool." He turned to look at Bo. "Calm your head and think of a way to win. What do you think you must do in order to win?" He asked. The older brother took a deep breath, trying to clear his head and think of a solution, but not much was coming to mind.

Bo looked back to the man he was fighting, only to see him sitting on a stool. "Bo! I haven't had this much fun in ages! As I promised, I will tell you of your father while you tend to your arm." Begrudgingly, Thorfinn moved out of the way and Bo let Askeladd fix his arm, setting it back into place.

"You know of the Jomsvikings, yes? The band led by Sigvaldi, battle-king of the Baltic Sea?" Thorkell started. "Your father Thors and I were members of the band." Askeladd moved behind Bo. "Ask him questions. Keep the story rolling. I'm taking your knife as a splint." He muttered, the injured boy gave a subtle nod.

"We were both captains. There were only four of us, so that speaks to our might. And Thors was indeed mighty. An average warrior never sniff a seat with the Jomvikings, yet Thors was called 'Troll' by his peers, the best of the best. Sigvaldi was so smitten with his sword arm that he offered Thors, his daughter. That was Helga, your mother."