CHAPTER TWELVE: UNBOUND

As the Unbound continued to slaughter all of Duke Nothgard's soldiers, Quinzel herself began to head towards the platform located underneath the fountain.

She pulled a lever, and it began to go back underground. "Now, just to."

Quinzel stopped when she heard a loud noise pierce the air.

She stood on her toes and looked over, only to see the Unbound hurtling towards her. "Oh dear."

It slammed into her, and splattered her body all over the place.

As for the Unbound, it continued to rocket until it crashed into a nearby building.

Hilibrand, who stood in front of a group of soldiers, looked over towards the fountain, and saw that it had returned to its normal position.

He didn't linger on it long, as the Unbound, who smashed through the front of a building, managed to get onto its feet and let out a guttural roar before it got into a sprinting stance.

The Unbound didn't go anywhere, as Lucan was able to reinforce his legs with magic and charged at the creature before it could exit the building.

He planted his foot on the ground and swung his sword at the Unbound.

While it hit him in the chest, his sword it couldn't pierce its scale like skin

The Unbound, as if swatting at a fly, moved his left hand over to the right before backhanding Lucan with it, which launched him to the side.

As Lucan was knocked away, Hilibrand charged into the building and tackled the creature to the ground.. "Rousset!"

These symbols began to appear on the ground, and they led to behind the Unbound.

Shortly after they appeared, Rousset began to dash between them, moving so quickly that he seemed to teleport.

Once by the head of the Unbound, Hilibrand held its head down, and yelled, "Now!"

Rousset pulled out two knives and stabbed the creature in each of his eyes simultaneously.

The Unbound screamed out in agony, but Rousset continued to stab him.

He was only able to get a few good attacks in, as the Unbound fired off a pulse, and managed to knock Rousset away.

Hilibrand was able to maintain his pin of the Unbound, and kept him on the ground.

The Unbound, after it regenerated its eyes, glared at Hilibrand before he began to reinforce his body with magic.

When Hilibrand felt the Unbound begin to try and pry him off, he rolled off of the Unbound, and Lucan swung at the Unbound's neck from its left side.

Lucan expected that the flesh around there would be weak enough to pierce since Hilibrand had caused the Unbound to divert so much of its magic from its entire body to its arms.

When it hit his meaty neck however, it was unable to so much as draw a drop of blood.

After Lucan's attack failed to hurt him, The Unbound grabbed Lucan by the arm with his right hand and threw him some distance to his right.

Having dealt with Lucan, the Unbound got to its feet, but heard a whistle behind him, and turned to see Rousset, who threw two knives at its eyes.

Seeing Rousset's attack, the Unbound fired off another pulse, which knocked the knives away.

The pulse wasn't strong enough to knock away the charging Hilibrand though, so he was able to grab hold of the Unbound and crashed him into the nearby wall, where he dug its right side deeply into it, with Hilibrand holding him in place.