CHAPTER ELEVEN: SOUL RESONANCE

Lucan looked slightly younger than he did in the present.

He was in an outdoor fighting arena dueling another magic user.

With little effort he managed to dig his sword into his opponent's chest, and caused the referee to end the match and declare Lucan the winner.

As the referee raised Lucan's arm into the air, the crowd cheered his name.

After he exited the arena, Lucan saw Elena waiting for him.

She held out a towel, and he took it from her. "Thank you."

While he wiped his face, Elena smiled. "You're welcome. I was going to get you a bottle of water, but the line was too long."

Lucan looked over at the board that showed the current tournament rankings. "Seems like we're the only two opponents left. Hope you don't mind when I end up winning."

Elena smirked as she elbowed him. "Don't worry, delusions of grandeur are why I find you charming."

Lucan bent down and kissed Elena on the lips.

After he finished, he saw two people approach them, and Lucan, as well as Elena placed their hands on their swords.

The man placed his hand on his chin and said, "So these are our two finalists. Quantum Sorcerers can be quite the pain can't they Alana."

Lucan stepped in front of Elena and said, "I take it you're the Duke's children."

The boy smiled as he extended his hand. "Conner Byleth. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lucan."

Conner was a handsome young man with brown hair, matching eyes, and didn't have any hair anywhere other than his head.

Lucan took his hand and the other person, a woman, walked over to Elena.

She walked behind her and said, "Wow, your hair is so pretty. How did you get this blond gradient towards the bottom?"

She smiled as she said, "Trust me, it wasn't easy."

Elena shot a glance at Lucan and said, "We do strange things for the people we care about."

"That we do."

She extended her hand and said, "My name's Alana Byleth."

Alana was a petite girl, with white hair, blue eyes and wore what seemed to be a white military outfit and blue boots that went up to her knees.

Elena took her hand and Alana motioned towards her brother. "That piece of driftwood is my brother. Don't expect him to be all that entertaining, he's got a personality to match."

Conner groaned for a bit before he said, "Well, unlike you, I actually have things called responsibilities, so excuse me if I'm a little more wound up than you."

Alana frowned as she said, "I do too have responsibilities. You've simply decided to take on more of your own volition."

Conner walked over and bent down so he was on her level. "Some would say that's the sign of a truly mature person."

Once he was done, he flicked his sister on the nose.

She turned red, and this light blue aura began to emanate off her.

Conner did the same and said, "That little trick of yours doesn't scare me sister."

Lucan laughed and the two of them stared at him, with them saying in unison, "What?"

He wiped a tear from his eye as he said, "I can tell the two of you are close."

They both crossed their arms and turned away.