Chapter 10- Shurpanakha

Shurpanakha was taking a walk in the forest of Panchvati when she saw a handsome figure. She could tell the man was well-built and was some prince. She quickly changed her appearance to a young, beautiful maiden. Tucking a hair strand behind her ear, she approached the calm figure. She walked to his front and stood mesmerized.

"Excuse me? Are you lost?" Rama asked her. He had seen through her and knew she was a rakshashi.

"Huh? No, young man. I was just taking a walk in the forest and saw your handsome figure. Please marry me, young man!" She blurted.

"I'm sorry but I am committed to my wife, Sita. She is the first and last love of my life." Rama answered calmly.

Shurpanakha threw a disgusted look in Sita's direction and said, "But I am more beautiful than her!

Rama smiled and said, "Beauty is not the only thing that matters. Sita not only has a beautiful soul, but she is also my best friend. That is why she holds a special place in my heart. I'm sorry but my answer won't change. You know what though? Try asking my brother. Look he is over there. Let me write a message for him."

"Okay!" Shurpanakha said, excitedly.

Rama took some ash and wrote, 'She is a demon', on her back.

Shurpanakha went to Lakshmana and turned her back to him and showed her Rama's message. Lakshmana slowly drew his knife out and as she turned, he cut her nose off. Shurpanakha screamed, waking up the entire forest. She threw of her disguise and ran into the forest. Blood dripped from her crooked nose as she screamed even louder. Her brothers Khara and Dushana, rushed and asked her what had happened. She narrated the incident which made them lead an army of 14,000 demons to find out who had attacked their dear sister.

Rama and Lakshmana easily defeated the army. Khara and Dushana were also disposed of. Shurpanakha returned to Lanka, defeated but burning with a desire of revenge. She felt humiliated and embarrassed. She sought the help of her brother Ravana, the King of Lanka. Ravana agreed to her request and devised a plan to take revenge. He decided to capture Sita, the wife of Rama and lure him into a trap.  

|| Hare Krishna Hare Rama ||

Thank you so much for reading! I know this is a short update but don't worry, I've got longer updates planned out. I hope you will stick with me and this book till the end! ❤️❤️